Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy TDF 2010 chat

A sticky forum topic for any Fantasy TDF - related chat. Plus any questions about the game...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

167 comments

gandberg | 13 years ago
0 likes

Evening. My list of stages gors from 14 straight to 17, without mention of stages 15 and 16.... Any ideas, moderators?

dave atkinson replied to PLANETZED | 13 years ago
0 likes
PLANETZED wrote:

Can't understand why Schleck didn't gain me any kom points today after the Tourmalet- otherwise a very good day for me with 130 points.

Mountain finishes don't count towards kom; only intermediate climbs. Same with sprints.

dave atkinson replied to gandberg | 13 years ago
0 likes
gandberg wrote:

Evening. My list of stages gors from 14 straight to 17, without mention of stages 15 and 16.... Any ideas, moderators?

You didn't have a full roster maybe?

the fluoxetine kid | 13 years ago
0 likes

been great fun 3 transfers per stage would make it better cos more combo's possible therefore harder. More points for stage less for overall wud be good too eg cancellara just wins prolog but picks up points everyday for being in top 10 just a thought anyone disagree?

drheaton | 13 years ago
0 likes

I like the two transfers per stage rule, in my opinion it makes it much harder because it forces you to think further ahead. Rather than making it harder with more combinations I think three transfers would make it easier to draft riders in for single stages like the TT and make it easier to score more points on the transitions between sprint and mountain stages. I'd love to have three transfers ahead of the TT but only because it would make life easier. Maybe having double or unlimited transfers on rest days could be a compromise and allow those struggling to completely reshuffle their teams?

I also like the scoring system because its relatively balanced between climbers and sprinters. Points for GC position is a nice touch and adds something else you need to think about ie do you take Sammy Sanchez's guaranteed 8 points a stage or gamble on Boassen Hagen etc?

Overall its a really great well thought out system and I wouldn't change too much  1

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

well we're looking at a few bits and bobs for the vuelta/tob, and next year. unlimited transfers on rest days was one we had considered, also the ability to make more than two transfers but incur a penalty for any above two, say 10 points a transfer. we'll also be revamping the transfer system a bit, so you can do your transfers all at once and press go rather than having to do them one at a time.

overall we reckon the scoring system, scrawled on the back of a fag packet as it was, has worked out pretty well. but we're open to suggestions on how it can be improved, and obviously it'll have to be altered for the other races anyway.

msw | 13 years ago
0 likes

Are there any bonus points on offer for the overall winners of the jerseys? I feel bad for dropping Chartreau just because he's not going to win me any more KOM points...

If not perhaps that would be a good tweak to the scoring system for the Vuelta - as it stands (if I haven't got it wrong) then having lots of days in the yellow jersey is more important for the fantasy scoring than winning the race.

eightb11 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Its been a really great fantasy TDF. A suggestion perhaps would be that your original line up of riders would count for more points at the end of the race similar to the one that was on eurosport a few years ago. I must admit tho, that this method has been far more exciting and ive been commuting even faster to get home from work to get my transfers in!!!!  16

alexlnumber1 | 13 years ago
0 likes

OMG I won.....incredible!

mrsminx411 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Well done alexl - you deserve it after leading for so long. Looking forward to your tips for next year!  1

Greensox replied to alexlnumber1 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Could I ask the moderators to arrange for blood and urine samples from a sample of the Fantasy League competitors (say the first 133 teams). Maybe check for hidden electric motors also.

0 likes

no prizes for guessing where you finished then, Greensox  1

stereojet | 13 years ago
0 likes

this was a great competition! Loved it, even though it made watching the Tour even more stressful. Fancy doing one for the Vuelta as well? Please?

0 likes

yup, vuelta version is in 'development'  1

stereojet | 13 years ago
0 likes

Brill. Looking forward to it!

Super Domestique replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

yup, vuelta version is in 'development'  1

Excellent news. Would hate to have to wait till the next TdF to play again!

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Was this the 1st time the game was run?...

Pages

Latest Comments