Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy TDF 2010 chat

A sticky forum topic for any Fantasy TDF - related chat. Plus any questions about the game...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

167 comments

dave atkinson replied to Louis Clark | 13 years ago
0 likes
Louis Clark wrote:

Woo Hoo, go Roelandts, he's who I replaced Taaramae with. Panic over.

That said, I only get points if they stay away right?

Not a bit of it. He's already got six for winning the first sprint of the day  1

James Warrener replied to Tony Farrelly | 13 years ago
0 likes
tony_farrelly wrote:

6pm…

Is that nightly?

davemchol replied to Simon_MacMichael | 13 years ago
0 likes

well how come someone has got fout htc riders in the one team?

demoff replied to gandberg | 13 years ago
0 likes
gandberg wrote:

glad I took cav out of my poorly performing team.  20

Should have kept the faith.

Jon Burrage | 13 years ago
0 likes

Who are going to be the big hitters in the next few days I wonder?

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

Early days yet...

TheHatter | 13 years ago
0 likes

not doing well  20 If it wasn't for Boasson Hagen I'd be last.

0 likes

scores are updated  1

miffed | 13 years ago
0 likes

Oh even better.

Simon_MacMichael | 13 years ago
0 likes

Well spotted, Miffed, actually it's 16 points - 6 for the stage finish, 6 for the GC position, and 4 for being second in the Young Rider competition.

He's in my team too, so this clearly needs to be sorted  3

miffed | 13 years ago
0 likes

In my defense for my pedantism im really jet lagged atm, there's not much to do in student halls in New Zealand at 5 am

miffed | 13 years ago
0 likes

I think I now have a legitimate beef with the points. Should Gerint Thomas not have won 12 points today (15 on stage = 6, plus 5 in GC = 6)? I goy nil points

0 likes

you can't do it while a stage is live. You can only do it in a transfer window. next one opens in 4 minutes...  1

atlaz | 13 years ago
0 likes

In that case, I think there's a problem because I can't work out where I select riders.

Tony Farrelly | 13 years ago
0 likes

yes you are, you just get points from the first stage after you join

atlaz | 13 years ago
0 likes

Are you able to sign up and create a team after the start? Just signed up and can't figure out how to pick riders

0 likes

Missed that, Gandberg (busy setting up report) - he didn't read out my tweet about how in Italy, Captain Birdseye goes by the name Capitano Findus, did he?  4

gandberg | 13 years ago
0 likes

Ah, just heard Simons correction read out on eurosport by Carlton Kirby. Can't have been another MacMichael, could it?

0 likes

Glad I transferred Lars Boom into my side today, thought he might want to represent as the race left Holland  1

0 likes

Other riders: you'll be able to see who scored what for other teams in stages that have been completed. You won't be able to see anyone's current team. Again, rollout for that on monday...

0 likes

As for rider points, well as of (probably) monday you'll be able to click on a rider's name to see their points breakdown from within the game.

0 likes

Hello chaps. Point taken about the transfers. I'll make changes to the system so that those transfers will be possible. That change will prob go live later this eve so you may want to hang fire on your stage 2 moves till tomorrow morning...

miffed | 13 years ago
0 likes

thanks, getting confused between GC and on the day points.

0 likes

Nikalway beat me to it, thanks  1

Miffed, you should have 18 points for Farrar (14 stage + 4 GC position), 12 for Gerdemann (11 + 1). Anything else and something's broken, so let us know.

I'll flag the Google Doc spreadsheet request to Dave, don't know if that is doable.

And someone on Twitter asked if we could let people see which riders others had in their teams, so that's on the list too  1

nikalway | 13 years ago
0 likes

Both Gerrderman and Farrar got stage points and GC points points.

* 20 points for first position on the stage down to 1 point for 20th position
* 5 point bonus for every other member of the stage winner's team
* 10 points for overall leader in the GC down to 1 point for 10th position
* Intermediate sprint points as awarded for the stage (not stage finish)
* Intermediate KoM points adjusted* for the stage (not summit finishes)
* 5 points for the White jersey leader down to 1 point for 5th position
* 20 point bonus for the most combative rider. We love those guys.
* Lanterne Rouge: 10 point bonus for rolling in dead last. At least you tried.

* KoM points are adjusted as follows. Basically the number of riders who score is the number of points on offer over any col.

* Cat 4 & Cat 3: as awarded
* Cat 2: 6 points for first down to 1 point for sixth
* Cat 1: 8 points for first down to 1 point for eighth
* HC: 10 points for first down to 1 point for 10th

miffed | 13 years ago
0 likes

just signed up to the billy no mates league. The I agree about the transfers, being able to set them up at the same time would be the solution (though I dont know how hard thatd be).

Also the scoring is hard to work out, ive got big points for gerrderman and farrar that I cant work out how i got, but not complaining. Would it be possible to get breakdown of the scores (a google docs spreadsheet of all the riders scores each day would surfice) juts being too geeky.

James

msw | 13 years ago
0 likes

Same problem here; I can't replace Farrar with Cavendish because Cav's more expensive, but that wouldn't be a problem if I could replace Wiggins with VandeVelde. But I can't do that because I've already got Farrar and Millar. This could get annoying...

ninjaslim | 13 years ago
0 likes

nice game - chapeau

Finding the transfers a pain with the 2 riders per team rule causing problems with points limit. Say I'm trying to change Wiggins to Menchov and Freire to Cavendish, not enough points to do the sprint swap first, too many Rabo riders to do the GC swap first. The end result is OK I'd have enough points, and only 2 riders from rabobank

c'est la vie

bon chance

nikalway replied to ninjaslim | 13 years ago
0 likes
ninjaslim wrote:

nice game - chapeau

Finding the transfers a pain with the 2 riders per team rule causing problems with points limit. Say I'm trying to change Wiggins to Menchov and Freire to Cavendish, not enough points to do the sprint swap first, too many Rabo riders to do the GC swap first. The end result is OK I'd have enough points, and only 2 riders from rabobank

c'est la vie

bon chance

Same here.

Want to replace Wiggins with Cantador who is more expensive so have to replace another guy with a cheaper rider first. Unfortunately I can't do that as the replacement I want to bring in whois cheaper is a Sky rider and I can't do that as the replacement list blocks out the Sky riders as I already have 2 of them. Ultimately my team will meet the price and team member requirements.

Maybe this transfer system can do the removes first then the adds or apply them both together?

Nik

Simon_MacMichael replied to nikalway | 13 years ago
0 likes

Both good points, Dave's the man who would need to see if this is possible, he looks after the gaffa tape and string side of the site - back tomorrow but after the stage starts so nothing doing before then I'm afraid.

Pages

Latest Comments