Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Critique My Build

So Im just about to build up a Ti bike for Light Touring and AllRoad / Gravel use, often >200km rides with lots of climbs - grateful for opinions and alternative suggestions!!

1. Frame: Sabbath September AR1 Disc. Like the Geometry (same as my Synapse) and want something that takes at least 35C tyres. Price is reasonable @ 1350 GBP.

2. Fork: Whisky No.9. Looks like it will take some abuse, although not sure if too stiff for long distance comfort? Doesnt appear to be too many other options - dont really like the look of Kinesis forks, possibly Enve?

3. Wheels: Hunt 4Season Disc Road Aero, 1585g. Good balance of weight, price and durability, look cool.

4. Tyres: Schwalbe G-One or Clement Xplor USH? will be doing 70% on road.

5. Groupset: Ultegra 6800 Disc

6. Bars: Salsa Cowbell, 12d Flare. Bit more control off-road

7. Stem: Struggling for inspiration

8. Seatpost: Sabbath Ti (USE Sumo), Enve, Canyon VCLS - Cannot Decide

9. Headset and Bottom Bracket: Hope

10. Saddle: Fabric Scoop Pro. Really comfortable on my Synapse.

Think thats it - thanks in advance!!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Bendurance | 7 years ago
0 likes

Yeah the VCLS could be the way to go. 

Have the HM Synapse Red 22 Disc - zero issues with the QR alignment and no disc noise in over 3000km. Great bike but don't want to push it too hard off-road or loaded with gear. 

Carton | 7 years ago
0 likes

Seems like a pretty well thought-out build. Enve forks tend to get good reviews, apart from the issue with the tapered ones cracking. G-Ones have also gotten good reviews, and Ted King just won the Dirty Kanza 200 mile race on them (but he did get three punctures). If you're going for looks go for the Ti seatpost, for comfort I'd go with VCLS, apparently the second gen is even better. 

Is your Synapse a disc bike? No rotor-rub issues with the QRs, then?

peted76 | 7 years ago
0 likes

I'm no expert with these kind of bikes, the Sabbath looks nice. All I'll say is that I once saw Stu Kerton's own Mason Definition, and since then I've been drooling over it. It truly is an item of beauty, and by all accounts rides amazingly. 

Bendurance replied to peted76 | 7 years ago
0 likes

I'm no expert with these kind of bikes, the Sabbath looks nice. All I'll say is that I once saw Stu Kerton's own Mason Definition, and since then I've been drooling over it. It truly is an item of beauty, and by all accounts rides amazingly. 

Does look like a nice bike, but tyre clearance is only 28C. 

Latest Comments