Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Anyone for tennis?

There has been lots of talk in the media about how incredible a feat of endurance that 10 hour match at Wimbledon is. Or even just commentating on it. So far it has lasted ten hours spread over two days. Just think, if it lasts another 19 days, or 76 hours, it'll be almost as tough as last year's Tour de France.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

AdamTorski | 13 years ago
0 likes

I like tenis. Tenis is goood as would Joey Tribiany said to chandler afeter wining the match but still bikes are better

James Warrener | 13 years ago
0 likes

I like the idea of Tennis, the gladitorial battle between two men or women.

The challenge of mentally dominating your rival with power, pace and precision.

Its just so bloody boring though.

handlebarcam | 13 years ago
0 likes

To be fair, tennis is probably about as mentally stressful as riding down a tight, bumpy, sinuous pass in the Dolomites.

Jon Burrage | 13 years ago
0 likes

I was thinking about ironman triathlons when I was watching this match.

Chrissie Wellington - 3 x world ironman champion, ironman world record holder, BRITISH.

Her race (3.8km swim, 180km ride, 43km run) will take her 8:30 give or take and will use 12,000 calories+. Apparantly it is a massive feat of human ensurance to play tennis (with 2 nights of sleep in between) for 11 hours. Dont forget they get to sit and relax between points. 16,000 calories between them...so 8000 each. Come on, yes its impressive but not exactly the biggest test of endurance that the media want to claim.

jova54 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Probably more to do with the attention span of the average viewer.  3
I suppose compared to TV's other current obsession football; where they run around for 90 minutes kicking a ball with a 15 minute break in the middle, a 10 hour tennis match is a long time.
For sheer stamina you probably couldn't beat the 3 or 4 year old lad I saw at the Woking Tour yesterday. He spent the whole duration of the race scooting what looked like an Isla bikes scootalong up and down a piece of road with very little rest. I bet he slept well last night.  1

cactuscat | 13 years ago
0 likes

heh. they don't know they're born them them tennis players  1

Latest Comments