Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cube Attain - Alu or Carbon

Hi Folks

Quick question...

I'm going to buy a Cube Attain from my LBS but struggling to decide between Aluminium or Carbon. The bikes are pretty identical apart from the frame material - except the carbon is 300g lighter and £300 more expensive. It'll be my only road bike, so year-round use for long weekend runs (80-miles-ish) and commuting, although I don't commute/cycle too much in the worst of the winter (i.e. fairly fair weather cyclist).

So - is the carbon worth the extra £300??

The bikes are:

http://www.cube.eu/produkte/road-race/attain/cube-attain-gtc-pro-disc-greynflashred-2016/

http://www.cube.eu/produkte/road-race/attain/cube-attain-sl-disc-blackngreen-2016/

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

OttoS | 7 years ago
0 likes

Thanks both. I went with the alu in the end - prefer the colour scheme, and that's what the guy in the shop recommended based on what I do. Picked it up yesterday and done 60 miles so far - absolutely loving it, huge difference in terms of speed and responsiveness to the Croix de Fer I was riding previously...delighted.

Thanks again

ashen | 7 years ago
0 likes

I have the attain sl disc and absolutely love it! I don't find the ride at all harsh - even over some of the ridiculously poorly surfaced round here. And I personally think the black and green looks awesome  3

pablo | 7 years ago
0 likes

I wouldn't worry about 300 grams  easy enough to loose 300 grams off the waist line if it bothers you that much! i'd be more interested in how they both ride carbon tends to be a bit more compliant although modern alu bikes have improved a lot.  If all else fails go with the one that looks best  1 the grey one in the images looks pretty good and i'm not a lover of disk bikes but i'd have that one.

Latest Comments