Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

help in choosing a bike geometry

Hello everyone and thanks to all those who contributed in my last post, I am most grateful for that.

I'm looking for a bike for all day riding with easier handling.

I tried a Cannondale Super 6 and whilst I found it to be really fast it was quiet uncomfortable and very dificult to control "twichty" steering and I felt "hunched over" the distance between the handlebar and saddle too short. I guess that's because it's a "race" geometry. Maybe a longer wheelbase would make it easier to handle and better designed to absorb road vibration for a comfortable and more endurable time in the saddle but still highly efficient and good for hill climbing.

I have shortlisted between the Specialized Roubaix expert, Jamis Renegade Elite and the new Cannondale CAAD12 Disk.

Apologies if this topic has already raised before in which case I would be grateful if someone would point me to the most relevant post(s).

kind regards

revahi

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

DanTe | 7 years ago
0 likes

I would scrub the CAAD12 off your list, very similar geometry to the Supersix, being Ali you may even get a tiny amount more road buzz from it. With Cannondales, have a look at the synapse..

Latest Comments