Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

SRAM GXP compatibility

I need to replace / upgrade existing chainset and would like to upgrade to 1x11 using
SRAM GX1000 1xGXP with single 32T chainring.
My bike frame (road/touring, not MTB) has an internally threaded (1.370" x24TPI) BB 68mm width shell.
I want to know if the SRAM GXP Team Bottom Bracket is the way to attach the above to my frame.
WOuld also be most grateful if someone would advise on advise most suitable chain, cassette, (replacing a Shimano Tourney 7 speed screw fitting) and rear derailleur and wheel (700 x 35 tyre currently fitted to match up with the above.
regards

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

TypeVertigo | 7 years ago
1 like

You'll need a GXP BB for your crank. Those are usually BSA threaded like your frame's shell requires.

The cassette you plan to fit will dictate what hub you need. SRAM's 10-42T cassette requires the XD driver because of the 10T smallest cog. Anything else with an 11T smallest cog will work with an 11-speed Shimano/SRAM splined freehub.

The other SRAM 1x bits should work no problem. Rear derailleur options are either Rival 1 or Force 1 (Force CX1 will also work if you can find stocks), cabled up to a suitable shifter, and you'll need either SRAM's 1x-specific chain or KMC's X11-1. The "-1" suffix seems to denote it will work better with 1x drivetrains.

I hope this helps

Latest Comments