Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Insurance Question - Will pay for damages, but not accept liability?!

Hi,

Got hit from behind last week while cycling to work. I was stopped at a giveway sign and the car hit me while stationary.

Back wheele and frame gone - luckly I wanst injured.

The insurance is saying that they will pay for the bike repairs, but will not accept liability!

As I wasnt injured, all I care about is the cost to repair the bike - should I be concerned about "not accepted liability" if they meet the cost of repair?

Please help / advice.

Thanks.

A

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Adrian_GJ | 7 years ago
0 likes

Thank you all. Lucky no issues so will take the money and run. The shop is preparing the quote which I will submit tomorrow and let's see how that goes.

Thanks again.

mike the bike | 7 years ago
2 likes

I shouldn't worry too much, this is standard industry practice.  By not admitting liability at the moment the insurer is merely reserving the right to contest any future claims.  If, for example, you should develop some serious medical complications in a few weeks they are not hampered by an admission of blame.

Take the money and run.

peted76 replied to mike the bike | 7 years ago
0 likes

mike the bike wrote:

I shouldn't worry too much, this is standard industry practice.  By not admitting liability at the moment the insurer is merely reserving the right to contest any future claims.  If, for example, you should develop some serious medical complications in a few weeks they are not hampered by an admission of blame.

Take the money and run.

Or claim for whiplash, now  1

peted76 | 7 years ago
0 likes

If they don't accept liability, doesn't that mean that your premium goes up? If they accepted liability it shouldn't be affected.

(I don't know abuot these things, but it seems to me that there must be an adverse affect if they don't admit liability, where liability is so blinking obvious - e.g. they went into you from behind).

Latest Comments