Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Insurance Claim advise

I had a lady drive into my on a round about, i only recieved a few cuts and bruises so nothing to worry about there but my issue is the amount of time it is taking the insurance company to pay out for the repair of my bike.

I have now been waiting a month after the claim was raised, the driver accepted responsibility straight away, i have got a quote for the repairs which i had to pay for but theey told me they would reimburse me.

How long should i wait and are there any 3rd party organisations that might be able to help if i get no where with the insurance company?

Thanks in advance for any advise given

Alan

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Rapha Nadal | 7 years ago
0 likes

Have you picked up the phone and chased it up?  You'd be amazed how far a conversation gets you.

Aviva settled a £5,500 damage claim to me in under a week a few years back because I picked up the phone and spoke to a person.  The personal injury took longer but that's to be expected.

EddyP | 7 years ago
0 likes

A pal of mine was in a similar siutation and Bikeline were very helpful, I'd give them a call today.

fenix | 7 years ago
0 likes

Never trust their insurance company.

I'd speak to someone like Bikeline to see if they can do anything for you now  - but you should have done this straight away ideally. 

Latest Comments