Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Allez price/deals

So I am poised to punch in my pin and buy a red Allez 16 from my lbs and have been offered 10% of the price in accessories.

Can I ask, anyone seen any better deals on the basis model Allez?

The model has been on display, should I be getting a better deal / bigger discount? (the bike looks in tip top shape although I did notice it was displayed with big to big gear combo, which I thought should be avoided?)

Finally, how soon will the report of the Allez be on this site? Should I hold fire?

Thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

Super Domestique | 13 years ago
0 likes

Collected it this afternoon and all went well. Very impressed with the fact that the bike was all ready set up to my measure up stats. Never had that happen before, although it is probably normal these days!

A guy walked in while I was there and bought a £3.5k bike that he liked the look of from the window! If only.......

Fish_n_Chips | 13 years ago
0 likes

Take your bets...

2-1 he gets the bike,
10-1 the measure guy is dead,
6-1 they ordered him a Claud Butler,
20-1 The shope forgot...

Just kidding, hope you enjoy it, I'm thinking of buying one for someone new to roadbikes-so will be interesting to hear about once you have eaten a few miles.

0 likes

Take your bets...

2-1 he gets the bike,
10-1 the measure guy is dead,
6-1 they ordered him a Claud Butler,
20-1 The shope forgot...

Just kidding, hope you enjoy it, I'm thinking of buying one for someone new to roadbikes-so will be interesting to hear about once you have eaten a few miles.

0 likes

You'll have to post pics and hope the measure up guy didn't mix your order up with a kiddies trike.  3

Super Domestique replied to Fish_n_Chips | 13 years ago
0 likes
Fish_n_Chips wrote:

You'll have to post pics and hope the measure up guy didn't mix your order up with a kiddies trike.  3

Fortunately mine is about the cheapest bike they do so any mistake will be in my favour lol!

0 likes

Well I got a call from the guy while away (thanks for the good holiday wishes guys, had a great time, even without the bike).

He thought the 'measure up' guy had given me the info, etc. The 'measure up' guy thought he'd call me, etc, etc.

Bottom line is I pick the bike on tuesday!!

timlennon | 13 years ago
0 likes

Seems a shame that the shop went to the effort to do the offer, measure up, etc., but then not seal the deal.

Senor Fish is right - hire when you're there, and chill - you can look forward to that very nice looking Allez when you get back. (And it does look good, even to my poor knowledge of bikes!)

And enjoy the hols.

0 likes

Have you paid anything?

If no:
Get up early, call local shops or shops on your way to your holiday and see if the bike is in stock with your size.

Might be giving yourself more grief. Didn't the shop guy tell you of the arrival date?

If the shop is that shoddy, then can you imagine in warranty issues.

To be fair it is hectic with all the lBS's I know with 2 week waiting times for repair as Joe Bloggs gets his halfords shoddy rust bucket out for summer.

Accept that you have no bike and enjoy your hols.

Where are you off to? besides you want to be able to wear the bike in and get used to it. Hire a bike when you get there etc.

Good luck though and don't burn bridges with the shop.

Wonder how he went or maybe I shouldn't ask...

0 likes

Another update:

Still no bike!

Still no phone call or email either!!

Tried ringing the store but the guy is always busy and sent 2 emails, incl one to give my number again but nothing! I wanted the bike before going on holiday tomorrow (it was meant to come with me  20 )

Really annoyed.......time to take my business elsewhere I guess.

Any ideas guys?
What are cycle surgery like as they stock Spesh too?

0 likes

Fair point.

Guess I just want to get it all sorted before I go on holiday.

Been so long so since I bought a bike too, which might have something to do with it!

0 likes

Chill and speak to the original guy sorting you out and then wait for him to call you when it arrives.

0 likes

Just an update and not the one I wanted to type!

Went in and the guy I'd been dealing with via phone/email was busy with someone spending a shed load on a new TT bike, shoes, helment, etc.

His colleague did the full measure up and confirmed the size I thought was correct. He then said that the original guy would contact me that afternoon to close the deal.

Nothing. So I emailed them last night to say I'd be out most of the day and confirm my mobile number. Again nothing!

A tad frustrating. My hope is for a call that they now have bike in the store and I misunderstood what was explained to me?!?

0 likes

Thanks. I should be going into the shop after picking the kids up from school so will keep you guys posted.

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

sounds like a pretty fair deal to me. the allez 16 is likely to be a popular machine so you're not going to get big discounts. plus all that kit you're getting thrown in is good kit.

0 likes

The deal would be a Speecy Rib Cage Pro and Big Mouth water bottle plus a Cateye wireless computer all FOC.
Worth doing guys?

0 likes

You could ask other dealers what they will offer but Google shows the best prices anyway.
Ask them to throw in a water bottle and cage?

Latest Comments