Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike Security and Bike Storage

I mentioned this in passing a couple of weeks ago and since a few guys from the club came around the other week thought it was a top idea and a couple have ordered them. so they advised me to post details of it in a forum or 2 as others may benefit. As most of them have had bikes nicked at some point (touch wood not me yet)One poor bloke had 3 nicked .. from inside his house as he slept upstairs. They broke in JUST for the bikes!

1st I don't work for these guys!! But:
I bought a Bike Store from www.asgardsss.co.uk a while back (via Winstanley) and I have to say it is rather splendid - super secure etc.. and I can get 3 bikes (2mtb 1 road), road helmet, mtb helemt, 2 x mtb backpacks, track pump, workstand, 3 x pairs of shoes, 2 x spare tyes, innertubes, box of spare bits in easy. The unit was £450 but it has stopped me from arguing with the wife about blocking the garage with "all that cycle rubbish" not that we use the garage for a car!! and I have not had a bike nicked!

There you have it my top tip!  3

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Fish_n_Chips | 13 years ago
0 likes

I have found this security device very useful:

//www.zerobio.com/central/student_quizzes/ddmq2/vicious_rottweiler.jpg)

Otherwise just get accidental and theft cover for the bike and then get the lock they reccomend.

It costs me £65 for my £1200 roadbike and £60 excess for own damage but not racing cover which is £20 more via E&L and loads of other insurers. My home insurance was only good for theft or if the house fell down on my bike but cover varies.

asgard | 13 years ago
0 likes

Yes, I have found at : http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/list.php?cat_level=0&cat_code=MG&cat_name=Mot... and NOW one BIG OFFER £50% OFF  13

timlennon | 13 years ago
0 likes

We have something similar, from trimetals: http://www.trimetals.co.uk/bicycle-storage.php?m=4

Again, it was about £450, but it's rock solid, has lots of space, and has been absolutely ideal. Currently holds bike, croozer trailer, repairs box, lawnmower, and other assorted crap we need in the front garden ...

Latest Comments