Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Edge 25 & Garmin Connect

My bargain Aldi Edge 25 arrived today. Quite happy with the unit but have a couple of initial moans.
1. Am I doing something wrong? Do you really need to enter a code everytime I pair my phone with my 25? All other Bluetooth devices I have remember periferals they've previously paired with. From today's play this doesn't seem to be the case making connections longer wired than I feel is necessary.

2. Could Connect be anymore abtuse? Have the Garmin folks heard of "user friendly"? It just seems a very, very clunky design.

Moan over. If anyone has tips or know where more straight forward guidance than the Garmin manual has on using the unit & site please let me know.

I'm begging you!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

japes | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've got a 25, only had to pair mine the once. Try updating the firmware? 

Agree about garmin connect though, I only use it to copy rides over to strava.

Redvee | 8 years ago
0 likes

My Edge 810 and Galaxy S7 pair up with no issues and had no issues with my Moto G previously. There were the odd occaisons when I had to turn bluetooth off on my Edge than back on for the connection to be made.

AKH | 8 years ago
0 likes

I used to have an Edge 25. The first few firmware updates wiped my Bluetooth settings so I had to re-pair with a code. After that it was fine.

Latest Comments