Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New road bike with discs

I havent brought a road bike in nearly 10 years since my Ridley Damocles which has lasted me very well. As im not really racing any more im looking for a little more comfort and disc brakes and ive got a budget or around £3000. Ive kinda narrowed it down to 3 bikes and they are all Cube or Focus (I dont fancy waiting months for a mail order). They are the Focus Cayo disc Ultegra, Focus Izalco max disc Dura ace, Cube Agree c:62 race disc. I tried the Giant Defy and thought the seat post was way to flexy for me as im not small or light.

Any thoughts on the bikes mentioned or any others?

I have certain things I want from the bike, disc brakes, thru axles, racey but with some comfort and preferably Ultegra group set. I dont want a bike with sram as dont like it at all.

Cheers everyone

Mark

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

rockfield | 8 years ago
0 likes

KTM Revelator Sky ticks all those boxes. £2499 for ultegra version. It even comes in KTM orange! Really tempted by one myself..

fukawitribe replied to rockfield | 8 years ago
0 likes

rockfield wrote:

KTM Revelator Sky ticks all those boxes. £2499 for ultegra version. It even comes in KTM orange! Really tempted by one myself..

Mmmm lovely. And orange too. (fitted with 25mm Schwalbe One tubeless too... nice). 

iso2000 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Trek Domane 6.2 is £3200. Disc brakes, thru axles, Ultegra components, hidden mudguard mounts. The decoupler really works in removing rear end vibrations (I have a Domane 4.5). Also unlike many other bikes with their boring stealth black paint jobs it comes in a nice bright blue.

Dicklexic | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have been extremely happy with my Cannondale Synapse Disc Ultegra which I've had since the end of May last year. Absolutely superb handling and comfort, with faultless Ultegra drivetrain and hydro discs. I fitted some Hunt 4 Season wheels that I had already from my previous bike, and now run 30mm Schwalbe S-One tubeless tyres. Supreme comfort and grip, yet still very quick. In my mind it's a perfect setup. The only criticism I have is the lack of mudguard mounts. Otherwise it's a very versatile bike. I've done all sorts of riding with it, including some gravel and even a cyclocross race with 30mm cross tyres fitted.

Aidan565 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I bought a Avanti Corsa ER from Wiggle. Came with a Ultegra 6800 group set but a dura ace rear derailleur. Shimano disc brakes as standard. Works for me 

arfa | 8 years ago
0 likes

Have a look at the cannondale synapse range. You could haggle down the hm model to your budget and it is a joy to ride and has no trouble keeping up with racier geometry

Latest Comments