Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Small size Canyon Endurace riders - what height are you?

Help with deciding on frame size appreciated

As I'm buying online the big problem is trying to predict the best size without a test ride  

Using the Canyon sizing tool, (which bases frame size on inside leg length), it recommends a small frame using my 80 - 81cm inside leg length

And actually even if I drop to 79cm it still recommends a small. Only a 78cm inside leg triggers the sizing tool to recommend an extra small frame.

Now after a lot of reading around I discovered the VCLS seat post has a maximum insertion limit that leaves around 200mm of seat post exposed. 

This coupled with the 510mm set tube means a minimum top of saddle to bottom bracket length of around 700mm Looking at my MTB and Brompton I think i'll be looking at 680 -690mm 

So can anyone reassure me they have an Endurace in small and have an inside length or height similar to mine or less ?

many thanks 

MC

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Mudhoney | 7 years ago
0 likes

Just out of curiosity did you ever buy the Endurace and if so what size did you end up with? I'm close to your size and I'm getting an S. Dont have mine yet so can't comment on the size. Hope it fits.

pants | 8 years ago
0 likes

Rose offers similar value and spec and better customer service If they have what you are looking for. It's worth taking a look.

Moss chops | 8 years ago
0 likes

thanks all...am starting think the Canyon isnt going to be a good choice given my geometry requirements. Shame as cant see anthing else getting close to the weight and spec for the price  

Anyone riding a small at m height?

MC

mrchumbley | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi Moss Chops

For the record I'm 172cm tall, 78cm inside leg.

After completing the Canyon sizing tool, I recently ordered a XS Canyon Endurace - initially felt too small but saddle height/ reach was comfortable so I took it out for a quick spin - my issue came when getting out of the saddle for a uphill surge - my knees hit the handlebar. The bike has now been returned and I'm waiting on a Rose Pro-SL 2000 coming instead.

I've read in a few places people ordering a size up from that suggested on the Canyon tool - possibly a Small Endurace may fit me quite nicely, but I've opted to look eleswhere to ensure a perfect fit (with Rose you can specify all sizes - frame/ handlebar width/ stem length/ crank, etc.)

Also watch for other dimensions on the Endurace - the XS frame comes with a 380mm handlebar width if memory serves me right - I'm quite broad in the shoulders and struggled with the narrow bars (my current Cannondale has 420mm bars I think). It could have been something I may have adapted to over time, but it felt very twitchy and nervous, and I was a touch concerned about longer term comfort.

Good luck!

Stef Marazzi | 8 years ago
0 likes

My missus rides an XS and she is 156cm (5 foot 1 and a half)

AKH | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi,

I'm 170cm tall with an inside leg of about 78cm.

I ride an extra small AL SLX. Not the same bike, but the seat tube length is similar for equivalent sizes.

There there are two models of VCLS post (solid) and two models of VCSL 2.0 post (split post). I don’t know if there is a minimum insertion for the solid posts, but I guess there must be for the split “2.0” posts.

I have both models of VCLS post (the standard one with the metal top, and the full carbon one with variable setback).

On both of my posts, the post is about 2-3cm down the guide printed onto the post when set to my preferred height (700mm BB to top of seat). The scale goes from 0-10cm. If I’d gone for a small frame, the scale on the post would be obscured inside the frame. I have no idea if the scale represents the true min and max insertion, or is just an arbitrary guide to aid fitting.

If you want to achieve a BB to saddle height of 680-690mm, I’d day you definitely need an extra small frame. As the Endurace uses a standard 1 1/8 inch fork, you can always increase the reach with a longer stem. I think you’ll probably need to do that, as the reach on the extra small Endurance is 363, which would be too short for me and I’m a good couple of inches shorter than you.

Hope that helps.

mr clipup | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've got an Endurace last year. It was a 5 month wait and that was before they changed their computer system which screwed up everyones orders! Still, I think its a great piece of kit. 

My inside leg measurement is 83cm and I am 176cm in height  and I was recommended a medium.  Riding it I have the VLCS seat post set to minimum so for me I am a small medium and I guess I would be ok with a small bike to so based on my experience you would be fine on a small.

Latest Comments