Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New winter/commuting shoes

I've had a pair of Shimano R87s for the past 4/5 years which have been my only pair of shoes for summer, winter and commuting but they have finally begun to split and once I'm free of shoe-covers, I suspect they may disintegrate. I bought a new pair of Sidis in the autumn last year but won't be using them for winter/commuter riding so would like to buy another pair and would welcome any recommendations. I have a budget of around £150ish but would ideally like to spend up to £120 unless it's a great deal. I'm also considering black to keep them looking reasonable given the type of riding I have planned for them. I've had a look on the Bike Chain Cafe website and there are a lot of discounted black Sidis but was wondering whether anyone else had any recommendations?

Cheers.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Alessandro | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the replies everyone. I realise that my initial post may have been worded rather ambiguously because I'd like to use the same pair for winter riding as well as commuting in the winter as well as the summer. Winter boots like the Northwaves would suit me perfectly for all manners of winter riding but I think they'd be too much in the summer. 

Sniffer | 8 years ago
0 likes

Northwave boots for me too.

I have two pairs - one pair 2 bolt the other pair 3 bolt.

Both pairs bought at this time of year in the sales.  You do get water in the top as it runs down your legs, but far better than faffing with overshoes which generally have the same problem.

VonPinkhoffen | 8 years ago
1 like

Another vote for the Northwaves here.

arckuk | 8 years ago
1 like

+1 for Northwave Farenheit - got some at the end of last year, and haven't had a cold feet commute (or other ride) since then. My feet have stayed dry, too, with a couple of exceptions in pouring rain where rain has dripped down into them rather than come through the body. For someone who suffers from cold extremities, they're a revelation. Only wish I could sort my painfully cold hands out as easily!

alotronic | 8 years ago
1 like

I was going to saw Northwave farenheit too - reliable winter bashers that last years. On sale for around a £100 at the moment.

postmandick | 8 years ago
1 like

Hi I am a postman who commutes in to work at 5 AM in all weathers and my shoes are Northwave Fahrenheit . they come in road or MTB style,so the walk to the office can be done in an elegant manner .

they come in day glow or black and are very warm and dry 

Go on treat your feet 

Latest Comments