Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Shorts for the long limbed

Hi,

I'm a 14 year old male cyclist of 5' 6.5" height. However, I have an imseam of 34" giving a 50.3% inseam. I like to think of it as "athletic" proportions but it means finding good clothing is nigh on impossible. Most shorts are like hotpants! Does anyone else have this problem and if so, which shorts/ company do you normally use.

Thanks in advance.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Freddy56 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Try Galibier's energize shorts. Stunning chamois but long in the leg for me and I'm quite tall. Lots of pros are riding super long shorts now and I think this has trickled down. Just don't go to nalaini , you will look like Kylie ... But then your too young to remember her!

Poptart242 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Wiggle's latest Aeron efforts are pretty long, I look like a school child in mines with my 29" inside leg!

Cantab | 8 years ago
0 likes

Castelli tends to be long in the leg buy short-ish in the body. Worth a look?

peted76 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I think Rapha offer a 'longer' leg option on some of their shorts for people like you. 

MrB123 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've got some Santini Edge shorts from Prendas.

The legs (in size large) are long enough for me at 6'4" with a 35 inch inside leg.

Latest Comments