Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rapha Core shorts

I suspect not many owners yet. But anyway, just got a 30% off rapha code through email, and needing some new shorts thought you can't really go wrong for £70 IF they are reasonable quality. 

So can anyone offer any insight into whether they are worth £70? 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

srchar | 8 years ago
0 likes

I bought a pair of Core shorts about a month ago, having been impressed with the Club jersey. They're noticeably comfier than my Assos Centos and I prefer the cut of the Rapha Cores too. The grippers are great, to the point where I have to turn roll up the short legs to get them on! I've done some big rides in them recently, the biggest being 140km/2700m in 25C heat, with no issues.

I've never tried a pair of Rapha's more expensive shorts for comparison; the price is just too much for me.

mrmo | 8 years ago
0 likes

well i thought what the hell, for £70 they would have to be pretty bad for me not to use them if only on the daily commute, So on the basis that i have only had the single days commuting on them.

Initial thoughts, a bit like my old Assos Uno's, which is a good thing. the pad does feel a bit big standing around but disappears when riding. The grippers are fine when your wearing leg warmers but really do stick to skin! I guess real test will be at the weekend when i get to do a decent ride. 

Definitely worth £70 and would be happy to pay full price, only issue i guess is the rapha label for those that care, but t least it is discrete.  

amazon22 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've just bought a pair (without a 30% discount!) - they are to all intents identical to the Sky Training shorts they were selling last year (not sure about the pad, hard to tell much difference), which I also have. They have the sublimely comfortable Classic pad  and the lycra material is the same and is fine - it's not as luxurious as the Classics, but for £60 difference I'll put up with it. The real world sizing is the same and I would say the same as the Classics (I did have a pair but had to sell them as they became too big for me) and which Rapha confirm in their FAQ. Where they better both the Classics and the Sky Training is at the hems - they have super wide and super grippy laser cut silicone backed hems which are fantastic - way better than the Classics which never gripped my skinny legs properly.
Frankly, for £70 they're a steal - you can always send them back if you don't like them.

bensales | 8 years ago
0 likes

I ordered some this week along with a jersey. Wasn't impressed. Material is very thin and doesn't feel at all robust although they are well made. Sizing seems a bit weird too. Noticeably smaller than the same size as the Rapha Classic jerseys and bibs I've got. I sent them back and ordered another pair of Classic bibs. The extra cost is worth it in my view. 

Latest Comments