Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Drrrrrrragon

See any of you there then? I'll be on the Genesis with tri bars and i'll wear my road.cc jersey if it's clement enough  1

i'm #24  4

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

john: didn't see you after the descent of the bwlch, think you must have overtaken me on the rhigos... certainly you finished long before i did  1

spent most of the rest of the ride with gary from cyclescheme until i foolishly ingested a zipvit caffeine gel (the equivalent of 2.5 cans of red bull) which fired me back up the bwlch at warp speed. well, a bit faster.

cracking day out. agreed there was a few idiots out there, red light jumpers who had their numbers taken get disqualified according to organiser lou, but there were a lot fewer than last year apparently.

0 likes

anyone else ride? i crept under eight hours, would have been quicker if i hadn't spent quite so much time tucking into the apple pies at the feed stops  1

john.berry | 13 years ago
0 likes

Twaz good to meet up with you  1

I was wondering about you having Aero's  1 but I guess you VIP's can get away with it  1

Andy and Jacqui didn't even have to queue to go down the cycle path, they VIP'd straight to the front  1

It was a really nice day out, The climbs were a nice shallow gradient and the descents were awesome!

I do however fear for the future of our sport when we have 3500 cyclists all on the public road at the same time, with many of them showing a lack of regard for other cyclists let alone the other road users  2

0 likes

got told off for having aero bars cause it's a UCI sanctioned event. only after i'd finished though  1

Fringe replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

got told off for having aero bars cause it's a UCI sanctioned event. only after i'd finished though  1

ha ha, road.cc banned by the UCI! brilliant.

Zaskar | 13 years ago
0 likes

Aero mode?

Good luck and weather looks good too!

0 likes
Quote:

whats with the tri bars

just an extra position for the windy bits, i never ride on the tops anyway so i don't miss the space

i'm cooking tea at the exmouth again so i'll see you in the middle of the night  1

Fringe | 13 years ago
0 likes

good luck, may rain i hear.. not doing it sadly, exmouth exodus for me this month instead.

whats with the tri bars, thinking of doing a sub 5 hour ride!  4

Latest Comments