Drrrrrrragon

by Dave Atkinson   June 5, 2010  

See any of you there then? I'll be on the Genesis with tri bars and i'll wear my road.cc jersey if it's clement enough Smile

i'm #24 Big Grin

8 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

good luck, may rain i hear.. not doing it sadly, exmouth exodus for me this month instead.

whats with the tri bars, thinking of doing a sub 5 hour ride! Big Grin

Fringe's picture

posted by Fringe [1081 posts]
5th June 2010 - 21:23

0 Likes

Quote:
whats with the tri bars

just an extra position for the windy bits, i never ride on the tops anyway so i don't miss the space

i'm cooking tea at the exmouth again so i'll see you in the middle of the night Smile

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7391 posts]
5th June 2010 - 21:44

0 Likes

Aero mode?

Good luck and weather looks good too!

Zaskar's picture

posted by Zaskar [137 posts]
6th June 2010 - 16:14

0 Likes

got told off for having aero bars cause it's a UCI sanctioned event. only after i'd finished though Smile

Dave Atkinson's picture

6th June 2010 - 20:36

0 Likes

Twaz good to meet up with you Smile

I was wondering about you having Aero's Smile but I guess you VIP's can get away with it Smile

Andy and Jacqui didn't even have to queue to go down the cycle path, they VIP'd straight to the front Smile

It was a really nice day out, The climbs were a nice shallow gradient and the descents were awesome!

I do however fear for the future of our sport when we have 3500 cyclists all on the public road at the same time, with many of them showing a lack of regard for other cyclists let alone the other road users Sad

john.berry's picture

posted by john.berry [21 posts]
7th June 2010 - 8:46

0 Likes

dave_atkinson wrote:
got told off for having aero bars cause it's a UCI sanctioned event. only after i'd finished though Smile

ha ha, road.cc banned by the UCI! brilliant.

Fringe's picture

posted by Fringe [1081 posts]
7th June 2010 - 9:55

0 Likes

anyone else ride? i crept under eight hours, would have been quicker if i hadn't spent quite so much time tucking into the apple pies at the feed stops Smile

Dave Atkinson's picture

7th June 2010 - 13:20

0 Likes

john: didn't see you after the descent of the bwlch, think you must have overtaken me on the rhigos... certainly you finished long before i did Smile

spent most of the rest of the ride with gary from cyclescheme until i foolishly ingested a zipvit caffeine gel (the equivalent of 2.5 cans of red bull) which fired me back up the bwlch at warp speed. well, a bit faster.

cracking day out. agreed there was a few idiots out there, red light jumpers who had their numbers taken get disqualified according to organiser lou, but there were a lot fewer than last year apparently.

Dave Atkinson's picture

7th June 2010 - 13:32

0 Likes