Home

See any of you there then? I'll be on the Genesis with tri bars and i'll wear my road.cc jersey if it's clement enough  1

i'm #24  4

8 comments

Fringe [1047 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

good luck, may rain i hear.. not doing it sadly, exmouth exodus for me this month instead.

whats with the tri bars, thinking of doing a sub 5 hour ride!  4

dave atkinson [6223 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

whats with the tri bars

just an extra position for the windy bits, i never ride on the tops anyway so i don't miss the space

i'm cooking tea at the exmouth again so i'll see you in the middle of the night  1

Zaskar [133 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Aero mode?

Good luck and weather looks good too!

0 likes

got told off for having aero bars cause it's a UCI sanctioned event. only after i'd finished though  1

john.berry [22 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Twaz good to meet up with you  1

I was wondering about you having Aero's  1 but I guess you VIP's can get away with it  1

Andy and Jacqui didn't even have to queue to go down the cycle path, they VIP'd straight to the front  1

It was a really nice day out, The climbs were a nice shallow gradient and the descents were awesome!

I do however fear for the future of our sport when we have 3500 cyclists all on the public road at the same time, with many of them showing a lack of regard for other cyclists let alone the other road users  2

Fringe [1047 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

got told off for having aero bars cause it's a UCI sanctioned event. only after i'd finished though  1

ha ha, road.cc banned by the UCI! brilliant.

0 likes

anyone else ride? i crept under eight hours, would have been quicker if i hadn't spent quite so much time tucking into the apple pies at the feed stops  1

0 likes

john: didn't see you after the descent of the bwlch, think you must have overtaken me on the rhigos... certainly you finished long before i did  1

spent most of the rest of the ride with gary from cyclescheme until i foolishly ingested a zipvit caffeine gel (the equivalent of 2.5 cans of red bull) which fired me back up the bwlch at warp speed. well, a bit faster.

cracking day out. agreed there was a few idiots out there, red light jumpers who had their numbers taken get disqualified according to organiser lou, but there were a lot fewer than last year apparently.