Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What bike should I get - Please help

I was hoping I can get some advice on what do you think of this bikes that I shorlisted for my next bike. Which one is better in specs, which one would you get, what is your thoughts? Obviously if you have any other that you would recommend I would like to hear from you too. I commutemostly (18km one way / 5 days a week) but that is not the sole use of the bike, as over the weekend i do some casual cycling too. Currently I owe a entry level road bike (Scott Speedster 60) and iIlike how the road bike works for me, I would like to upgarde to Hydraulic disc, but also have space to fit mudguards and get most for my money. Here is the list:

Cube Attain SL Disc 2016

Focus Cayo AL 105 Disc 2016

Merida Ride Disc 500 2016

Fuji sportif 1.1

Scott Speedster 20 Disc Road Bike - 2016

Eastway Zener D2 105 - 2016 (not sure if i want a carbon fibre bike as it would hurt me too much to beat the bike on London roads on daily basis)

I hope you can advice and help me decide.

Thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

matthewn5 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Try riding some of these bikes. You won't know unless you try them out.

Woodsman | 8 years ago
0 likes

Canyon Endurance AL 7.0 looks like a lot bike for the money? Hopefully Canyon have their delivery woes behind them now? 

tomowencc | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'd be sorely tempted by the Eastway, in fact I've added it to my own shortlist. Know you shouldn't buy a £1,000+ bike just because of the paintjob, but like the cheeky pixellated blues.

lukaorlic | 8 years ago
0 likes

I did, thanks... I'm leaning towards the Cube... but still is not final...

peted76 | 8 years ago
0 likes

No easy answer here, the're all good bikes. 

Seems your budget is circa £1000-£1300. 

Out of thoese, for me the Focus Cayo AL 105 would get my cash, but I like the look of the Eastway also.

Both will serve you well commuting and for a speedy weekend ride.

I presume you've looked here - http://road.cc/content/buyers-guide/179459-2016s-hottest-disc-equipped-r...

...and here - http://road.cc/content/buyers-guide/174231-10-best-%C2%A31000-%C2%A31500...

Personally, I'm a big fan of the Giant Defy's, I'm always banging on about them, but that's because there are millions of them, they win gazillions of awards, they are a steal second hand, they are always well specced for the price. 

lukaorlic | 8 years ago
0 likes

??

chrislee99777 | 8 years ago
0 likes

see you again~~~

Latest Comments