Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

handy shoes ?

After making the change from mountain bike style/tour shoes to Keo cleats I am overall very happy with the benefits of the much stiffer carbon sole.

but...

I used to like to have a walk about at my destination town.

Cleat covers are not enough in this instance.

So... I have been looking for ultra lightweight shoes that I could change into.. I don't know if a cyclist speciffic shoes is actually out there ? Nearest thing that seems to fint the bill are Trampoline shoes or Beach 'skin shoes'... The former I can't find in UK size 11 ... Also Timberland make a folding shoe that zips closed intended for back packers (but its far too heavy)

I guess what im looking for is a cloth shoe with a light mesh upper.. Some rubber on the ball and ankle... something that could be rolled up and stuffed in a spare bottle cage ?

Maybe you all use flip flops ?

Where should I be looking  1 cheers !

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

troutbreath | 8 years ago
0 likes

I vote for Chaco sandals.  They are not ultra-light nor are they cycling specific, but they are great for walking around in.  I will leave it up to you as to whether or not you wear your socks with them.

The _Kaner | 8 years ago
0 likes

stares at blank post!

john kirk replied to The _Kaner | 8 years ago
0 likes

The _Kaner wrote:

stares at blank post!

sorry... body of post went into Summary

Latest Comments