Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Colnago C60 Traditional vs Slooping vs Pinarello Dogma F8

Hi there.. Im in to the buying a new frame.

After trying few bikes, and reading everything i found, i decide to go with Colnago C60 or Pinarello Dogma F8

Im 40 years old, in ok shape, a bit overweighted, and i really love to climb.

This bike i'll keep at least 6-7 years maybe more.

I ride a lot of mountains, but also very often long riding like 120km-200km at once.

As first, in term of performance what is the difference between Traditional and Slooping C60?

Which of this two geometries is faster and better for climbing and for long distance riding? 

Except the look, is there any performance difference that i'll notice?

If i need to choose only based of look, i prefer traditional.. But this time i want to choose based on performance (Climbing  [:)]  )

And if i compare Pinarello Dogma F8 with winner of those two (slooping vs traditional), which is better and why? (Again i'll prefer climbing performance, but in same time to be able to ride long distances)

Until now, i ride Pinarello FP3 in 53cm size

Greetings and thanks a lot in advance

Darko

p.s. Please let's talk just about those selection.. I'll buy one of this

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

3Pio | 8 years ago
0 likes

Ok guys.. Made a decision at least in term of choosing the model  1

I'll go for a Colnago C60. Based on what i read maybe Dogma is better for my ride style, but since in this moment i have troubles repairing my Pinarello Carbon frame (i found some CarbonDoctor based in Slovenia, but he is more Jerk then Doctor (Not returning mails, not picking up phones, totaly arogant when he finally answer, non realistic prices...), so i want to avoid this kind of frustration in the future. .C60 have option in case of damage to be replaced whole damaged tube with brand new in the Factory.. 

Im getting in Art Decor White (color from 2015, dont like new one), so now i'll need help about sizing  1

wingmanrob | 8 years ago
0 likes

Honestly Darko, I can't imagine there's any substantially noticable difference between the two framesets. I've got a Dogma 65.1, and also a Merckx EMX7, both high end, and both beat me up on less than perfect roads. They're super stiff,  but not the best for long distances on less than perfect roads due to their stiffness. 

I prefer my Ti bike for longer roads.

If you get one, just go for whichever you prefer the looks of. Sigma Sport FB page has a really awesome looking C60 built up and the Pinarello FB page has some great looking builds, especially a deep blue build (you'll have to scroll down a bit to find it) that look super nice.

At least with the Colnago there's less chance that you'll have to face the "is that a real one or a fake" questions  3

Be bold and don't go for a boring stealthy look, every man and his dog has a stealthy looking bike these days.

wknight | 8 years ago
0 likes

I recently purchased an F8 from The Bike Rooms and they allowed me to take the bike for a few days so I could try it. I did have to pay for it, but it was a try before you buy arrangement, after all you are spending a lot of money here. Having the bike for a few days I got to compare it with my current bike and boy is it a climbing machine. I also found that despite the claims that it s stiff and hard, it absorbed bumps better that my current bike.

I think only you can tell which bike is best for you. Its test ride time!

VeloUSA | 8 years ago
0 likes

Performance is based upon the riders physical and mental attributes along with frame geometry. For example, the C60 Slope vs the C60 Trad head tube. The 52 Slope has a head tube height of 163 while a 53 Trad has a head tube height of 128, a difference of 35 mm. The question you have ask yourself is do I want ride more upright or in a more aereo position? Which one will I see performance gains? One rider will say upright another aereo. One rider may like a shorter top tube another longer for a more stretched out position, yet both see performance gains. As you can see the answer to your questions are subjective. Go test ride each model and put them through the pace; flats, rolling hills, climbs then choose the one "you" like the best.

VeloUSA | 8 years ago
2 likes

Darko, I mean no disprect, but your questions require subjective answers. Only you can best determine which frame geometry best suites your needs. Take what you like and dislike about the FP3 geometry and apply that to find the best frame geometry/size for you. Think as if you were to design your own frame. Slope vs traditional? Chose which appeals to your eyes. I prefer slope, the wife trad.

Good luck.

3Pio replied to VeloUSA | 8 years ago
0 likes

VeloUSA wrote:

Darko, I mean no disprect, but your questions require subjective answers. Only you can best determine which frame geometry best suites your needs. Take what you like and dislike about the FP3 geometry and apply that to find the best frame geometry/size for you. Think as if you were to design your own frame. Slope vs traditional? Chose which appeals to your eyes. I prefer slope, the wife trad.

Good luck.

It's easier to get the real geometry, specialy when i allready have Fp3. So it would be 53cm if go Pinarello Route, or 55 cm traditional (if i go traditional), or 50s if i go slooping.

But what about pure performnace between those combination (Dogma F8 vs C60 Traditional vs C60 Slooping).

Is there any performance difference between C60 slooping and C60 traditional, or the only difference is based on look?

Greetings

Latest Comments