Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cube crossrace bike

Hi everyone

I'd like to relate my experience of owning a cube cross race bike which I bought September 2015.My bike developed a clicking noise from what I suspected was the BB.Ihave had the bike less than 6 months at this time so I returned it to the cube dealership where I bought it subsequent investigations pointed to the BB The mech rang me and gave me a price to replace it

I assumed because of the age of the bike and low soft on road mileage the BB would be covered by the warranty.Not so apparently I have been using the bike in the cold and wet (Ihave actually been using my cube mountain bike due to the really wet and muddy conditions)and this has compromised the B B.Really on a bike I thought was designed for off road conditions (perhaps this bike should only be used in summer)I spoke to the manager of the dealership who told me the bottom bracket is a £15 shimano unit and next time it goes I should upgrade it Fair enough after a decent length of time and more usage for what it is designed for surley!!By the way both front and back wheels are rough as is the pedals (not cube pedals but bought at same dealership the day I got the bike insisted on retaining the original BB which is rough on one side but apart from that it looks brand new .I contest that this BB should be more suited for purpose.It is normaly used mainly for  on road cycling taking occasionally of road short cuts etc This episode has spoilt my experience of owning this bike. I paid a thousand pounds for what?a bike I can't use in wet muddy conditions.

d

B

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Nathan79 | 8 years ago
0 likes

After only 6 months and low mileage ? I'd be demanding a replacement. I had a similar problem with the pressfit bottom bracket on my canyon road bike (a campag unit) after 8 months. I complained and they picked it up and replaced the unit. It was obvious in my case that the bottom bracket had failed and the bike had virtually no mileage on it. (I'd been working abroad for most of that time)

Latest Comments