For Sale: Witcomb Anniversary Racer

by V6matt   May 28, 2010  

I'm selling my Witcomb 80th Aniversary Racer

Made from Reynolds Steel, it has a Campagnolo Veloce group set (10 speed), Brooks saddle (type unknown), Mavic 700 wheels (Schwalble 'specials' tyres) on Campagnolo Mirage hubs.

Basic dimensions:- Top Tube 22" Seat Tube 22 1/2" (so would suit a six footer by my reckoning)

Produced in 2008 in the anniversary livery - the frame is a symmetrical lilac/polished metal split.

The Frame is in the old style (in the opinion of the proprietor at 'Cyclos Unos') with modern components. Photos are available on request - please email.
The brake/gear cable guide braze-ons are, unusually, on the top surfaces and there are no pre-installed mounting points for bottle cages. The frame does not have lugs for mudguards/rack. The B/B Cage is also open and appears to be in the shape of a 'J' (Witcomb trade mark perhaps? I don’t know!)

Rear wheel Dropouts are sloped (Can't help you Fixies I'm afraid!)

This bike has never been ridden and was produced at the beginning of production run and pictures of it were used on the old Witcomb website.
It was later used by the London Cycling Campaign for publicity photos in their combined (with Witcomb) prize draw raffle at the 2008 London Cycle show.

As Witcomb seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth (and have never once responded to any of my emails, 'phone calls or visits to Tanners Hill) this may be a rare beast and very collectable. The Witcomb website said proudly, until recently, 'Our website is re-launching later in 2009'.
As it is no longer up in any form I am uncertain whether they will be making bikes/are in business/actually going to open in Wales.............

Offers over £600
will also be going on the Bay of e too.

3 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Hi,
Very interested in buying your bike, just need to work out the geometry/size against my existing sloping TT carbon frame.
I have also contacted you through ebay.

Regards
John
PS any chance of measuring the standover height.

posted by johnf [8 posts]
2nd June 2010 - 17:05

like this
Like (1)

Hi John
Just contacted you through Ebay
I'll message again that way

ATB
Matthew

posted by V6matt [6 posts]
2nd June 2010 - 20:29

like this