Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Watt bike advice and/or alternatives

Been thinking of getting a Wattbike for a while. I'm happy with my power meter and turbo but the Lovely Mrs S wants to do more to get fit.  12 yr old girl (5ft, 4) is keen cyclist and wants to get quicker. It may be a waste but with the resale value it might not be that expensive to do. 

My questions are this. 

If the Wattbike Trainer is the right one for them, Will it still be ok for me? Cat 3 racer. FTP>300W

Also are there any alternatives? anyone used the Kettler Racer?

Thanks as always for your answers

Andrew

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Get a bkool pro turbo trainer, use Bkool software. You then have a fully interactive smart trainer for the whole family. Each can have their own bkool account to record their sessions. There are thousands of routes to choose from, velodrome sessions and endless intervals to pick from or create your own. Even upload outdoor rides onto bkool and train on them. Join leagues and race aswell, endless options and entertainment.

Even better for the price of one wattbike you could get 3 bkool turbo trainers and race each other simultaneously  1

carlgrz | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have the wattbike Pro. I find it much more like actual riding than using a turbo. My wife and 13 year old daughter are also occasional users and have no problem with it even though on the pro the lowest resistance level is maybe a touch high for them. From my point of view it's a great tool. It is ANT+ Compatibles so I just hook it up to my Garmin for logging and data analysis purposes. I've seen over 1300w and I think you can hit over 2000w before it runs out of resistance so that's not going to be an issue. It's very well put together extremely sturdy. It wasn't cheap but worth it in my opinion. 

Latest Comments