Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bianchi via nirone 7 advice

Hi,

Looking for advice from current Bianchi owners, i have been offered a 2015 Via Nirone 7 at a ridicoulous price of £300 which has done 20 dry miles and then been stored inside, the seat post is stuck in an awkward position but sounds like a decent buy.

Always fancied one to add to the collection but is there anything else i should be looking out for on these with the Sora groupset.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

chrislee99777 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Nice bike

PaulBox | 8 years ago
1 like

They're good bikes. I bought the Veloce version, I think it's 2012, and I have really enjoyed it. It to is now my winter bike though.

I would say that the ride is a bit harsh, and that's with the carbon rear stays. It was my introduction in to road riding so I had nothing to compare it to. Now that I have a carbon framed bike I find to be a lot more comfortable on crap surfaces.

I switched the wheels for a set up Zipp 30's and that made a huge difference to the performace, the stock Ambrossio's aren't very good (but are fine for the turbo  3

Hope you enjoy it, I love that paint job.

BrianMcMahon replied to PaulBox | 8 years ago
0 likes

PaulBox wrote:

They're good bikes. I bought the Veloce version, I think it's 2012, and I have really enjoyed it. It to is now my winter bike though.

I would say that the ride is a bit harsh, and that's with the carbon rear stays. It was my introduction in to road riding so I had nothing to compare it to. Now that I have a carbon framed bike I find to be a lot more comfortable on crap surfaces.

I switched the wheels for a set up Zipp 30's and that made a huge difference to the performace, the stock Ambrossio's aren't very good (but are fine for the turbo  3

Hope you enjoy it, I love that paint job.

I think it's opened my eyes to Bianchi again after a long absence from owning one.  Your right though the paint job is great, Bianchi know how to make it stand out and advertise the brand.

Currently stripped it so i'm fitting new jag wire cables and putting helicopter tape on some parts of the frame.  Will have it back on the road for a ride round the isle of Bute this Sunday as long as the weather holds out.  I've been putting more and more miles on it compared to the other bikes and since i visited the Bianchi stand at the Scottish cycling show i've got an itch for an Intenso carbon Veloce but i have to clear it with the missus first!! 

Certainly impressed with the way the Nirone is handling some of the roads around here and can see me putting a far few miles on it this year.

S13SFC | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've ridden a N7 for the last 3 years, the last 2 as my winter bike. It's been pretty much fautless, although, interestingly, my seatpost is also jammed.

BrianMcMahon replied to S13SFC | 8 years ago
0 likes

S13SFC wrote:

I've ridden a N7 for the last 3 years, the last 2 as my winter bike. It's been pretty much fautless, although, interestingly, my seatpost is also jammed.

I managed to pick up a Bianchi carbon one on ebay for £30 as a replacement, i know when i first managed to get the post out there looked as if there was hardly any grease inside.  Been rectified now but a bit of a pain to sort.

sm | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm a VN7 owner although mine dates back a while. Lovely bike. So comfortable compared to many I've ridden. I'm on Ultegra rather than Sora and love it. Bike has had few problems other than general wear and tear. The price does sound ridiculous but perhaps you should let someone else discover the joy of cycling if you have doubts? Tough call but just ask yourself - will I enjoy riding this bike and will I ride it often? 

BrianMcMahon replied to sm | 8 years ago
1 like

sm wrote:

I'm a VN7 owner although mine dates back a while. Lovely bike. So comfortable compared to many I've ridden. I'm on Ultegra rather than Sora and love it. Bike has had few problems other than general wear and tear. The price does sound ridiculous but perhaps you should let someone else discover the joy of cycling if you have doubts? Tough call but just ask yourself - will I enjoy riding this bike and will I ride it often? 

I bought it mate couldn't resist it and i love it so far.  Done around 80 miles on her and everything runs good.  I'll probaby replace the seat post for a carbon one and run the sora until it needs replacing then decide what groupset i want to throw on it.  At the moment it will see a lot of action on the commute and on the odd day at the weekend.   Possibly going to swap out the 23's for 25's as the roads round here are not the best.

Starting to get a Bianchi fetish now it's contagious.

Dnnnnnn | 8 years ago
1 like

If it's only done "20 dry miles", how did the seatpost get "stuck in an awkward position"?

Can it be easily fixed?

BrianMcMahon replied to Dnnnnnn | 8 years ago
0 likes

Duncann wrote:

If it's only done "20 dry miles", how did the seatpost get "stuck in an awkward position"?

Can it be easily fixed?

The seats been dropped all the way and then clamped.  Can't see any damage to the frame but it can be lifted out albeit not without marking the post because it's so tight.  I don't see it being an issue i think the bikes been left as the guy has more than he knows what to do with. 

From the looks of the chain etc it's brand new although could do with a good lube before a run to loosen things up.  I'm guessing the grease is totally dry inside the post as well so this may account for it being stuck.  It just looks a cracking bike so didn't want my heart ruling my head.

Jimbomitch | 8 years ago
0 likes

I dont own a VN7, but I nearly bought one last year, I was going to upgrade to Campy groupset and some Zonda wheels, could that be an option for you to do?

BrianMcMahon replied to Jimbomitch | 8 years ago
0 likes

Jimbomitch wrote:

I dont own a VN7, but I nearly bought one last year, I was going to upgrade to Campy groupset and some Zonda wheels, could that be an option for you to do?

That was going to be my plan if i bought it.  I was thinking of sticking a Veloce groupset on and getting the standard wheels off for some decent sets, not sure about going the full hog for the Zondas but that may be an idea as i was going to decide whether to just use the Nirone for the weekend rides.

Latest Comments