Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

GPS unit in Majorca

I am looking to upgrade from the Garmin 510 befor I got to Majorca with my wife. I will be cycling alone un like the last time I went with a group of friends. I am looking at the 810 or the 1000. I dont know if the features on the 1000 are worth the extra but it uses both the USA and russian sattelites like my 510 which worked greatg getting a signal. Do I need aditional maps also? I have read on DC rainmakers site how to get free ones but wasnt sure if necesary? 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

mickcee | 8 years ago
0 likes

Pre set route, I find the route on the 510 a bit tricky to be honest and wasnt sure if it had a bse map for Majorca. I never bothered last time but there was a group of us.

Martyn_K | 8 years ago
0 likes

Are you looking to ride out there without a route or are you going to be using a pre planned route?

If using a planned route i don't see the point in changing your device. The 510 should be more than good enough. Obviously if you are looking to ride 'free style' then having a device with mapping is obviously an advantage.

russellbodycomb | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi. I have a Garmin 1000 unit and it comes with all the map capability you need for Mallorca loaded on it. 

JeffBrown | 8 years ago
0 likes

I personally use the 810, and really like it, I couldn't see myself spending the extra on the 1000. I only ride in the United states though so I don't know have the need for the added sattelites. 

Latest Comments