Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cannondale Super Six Hi-Mod Sizing

Im looking to buy a Cannondale Super Six Hi-Mod soon, I'm 6'2 with a 34.5" inside leg. Any advice on what size I should go for? 58 or 60

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

DanTe | 8 years ago
0 likes

Nice!

Chops539 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Frame has arrived, love it!

Ogi | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm pretty much exact size as you. I would suggest 58 always for numerous of reasons:

-more compact frame potentially leads to better feel (fully subjective though)

-smaller headtube usually leading to more racy reach/stack ratios

-highly unlikely, but if cramped you can always buy 1cm/2cm longer stem and/or add a setback with a new seatpost (making your new position spot on)

Chops539 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have a friend who works at Cycle Division and he advised a 58, but I thought it would be best coming from guys that are riding the frames

3000ST1 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've got a 56cm 2014 HiMod

I'm 6'1", 34" inside leg (without shoes on)

I run it with a zero set back seat-post, 120mm stem and 20mm spacer, 172.5mm cranks (saddle to bar drop is approx. 110mm).

A 60cm sounds like it could be on the large size, have you been in touch with anyone who knows a bit about bike fitting?  That may help guide you to the correct frame size. 

Chops539 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Great advice guys, I think I'll order the 58

Poptart242 | 8 years ago
1 like

I was surprised at how small I ended up going on mines too - 5'9" and I'm on a 52, albeit with a slightly longer stem than stock. Definitely go test ride if possible. If your LBS doesn't let you, Evans will.

keirik | 8 years ago
1 like

I'm 6' 3" with a 34 inch inside leg and ride a 60 synapse, and it fits perfectly (sorry to be different!)

DanTe replied to keirik | 8 years ago
1 like

keirik wrote:

I'm 6' 3" with a 34 inch inside leg and ride a 60 synapse, and it fits perfectly (sorry to be different!)

Sounds about right to me. Synapse has a different geometry too.

What I like about the geo of the CAADs and the Supersixes is it's pretty traditional. There's nothing tricksy, a 58 is a 58 and so on.

I could probably ride a 60 but it'd be a compromise as regards the stem.

My other bike is an Aeroad in a XL which is a 60 but really a 59, should of got the L  but that's low at the front. Tricky process and still not quite right. Never had any of that fuss when getting the CAAD frame. Never had to question whether It's too big or small.

For the record my Aeroad in an XL with the 110 stem slammed is exactly the same size as my CAAD in a 58 with one 5mm spacer and a 120 stem..

CasperCCC | 8 years ago
1 like

Similar comments here - I'm 6'1, and riding a 58. I reckon I could grow a few more inches and have absolutely no problems. A 60 would definitely be too big for me.

Lovely bike. Really nice. Got mine with an insurance claim after my Canyon SLX got nicked. The Canyon was great - but the Supersix is a whole lot better. Ridiculously comfortable for a bike that's sold as a race bike.

DanTe | 8 years ago
1 like

I'm the same height as you with a pretty similar leg length, maybe a tiny touch longer but not much. I'm bang on a 58 in CAAD's and Supersix's.

Currently riding a 58 CAAD10 with a 120 stem and one 5 mm spacer. It's a fairly long and low set up but nothing drastic. Got a saddle to bar drop of about 13-14cm..

Milkfloat | 8 years ago
1 like

I am 6'4" on a 58, not cramped at all.

Chops539 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks guys

Pret | 8 years ago
1 like

I am 6'1 and riding 58 and still have some space left.

hampstead_bandit | 8 years ago
1 like

Worth test riding first. I am 5'10" with 32" inseam and ride a 54cm with 100mm stem and zipp sl-70 bars.

You may find a 56cm is actually ideal with a good bike fit.

Latest Comments