Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Academic Research - Sensation Seeking Traits Amongst Road Cyclists

Good afternoon everyone! 

I am undertaking a psychological study in partnership with the University of Portsmouth to examine the sensation seeking traits amongst road cyclists. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could take five minutes to complete the following questionaire (Link below). All information is confidential and will only be used for data analysis purposes.

If you have any further questions regarding the qustionaire please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19TUp32ob5_iyqIaN4rWoL33qyAMVa2dOJ_pzEjH...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

AcademicResearch | 8 years ago
0 likes

Good morning all, to answer your questions, 

1. Myself and my suprvisor agreed that we would like participants to pick the disipline they do the most off.

2. Commuting wasn't included due to the fact that we wanted to gain a niche data sample to allow a more in depth analysis. 

I hope that helps, please share the questionaire with friends, work collegues and your local cycling clubs. The more responses we have the better!

Kind regards,  

CStar replied to AcademicResearch | 8 years ago
1 like

AcademicResearch wrote:

Good morning all, to answer your questions, 

1. Myself and my suprvisor agreed that we would like participants to pick the disipline they do the most off.

2. Commuting wasn't included due to the fact that we wanted to gain a niche data sample to allow a more in depth analysis. 

I hope that helps, please share the questionaire with friends, work collegues and your local cycling clubs. The more responses we have the better!

Kind regards,  

#

I take it your supervisor is not too bothered about grammar or spelling in your study?

Simon E | 8 years ago
0 likes

What if you do most or all of the disciplines?

And why isn't commuting included?

VonPinkhoffen | 8 years ago
0 likes

Question 17, it's Surfing, not surf boarding  3

captain_slog | 8 years ago
0 likes

Me me me me! I'll do it!

Is there a prize?

timtak | 8 years ago
0 likes

But you have all but told us your hypothesis, so aren't we likely to want to prove it, assuming we thinking that "sensation seeker" suits our sense of indentity?

I wonder how Japanese would respond.

AcademicResearch replied to timtak | 8 years ago
0 likes

Unfortunately there are no prizes. Sorry guys and girls! I haven't stated the hypothesis because if participants know the correct theme and required answers then it can influence their state of mind when answering the questions, meaning the answers won't be the true representation of the indervidual. 

Latest Comments