Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Salisbury Cycling Clubs

Has anyone on this forum any experience of road cycling in or around Salisbury? I am potentially moving there and I am keen to take my cycling to the next level by joining a well run road cycling club. I am keen to join a club that takes its riding seriously, but that also has a strong social side.

Due to work I will probably be looking at weekend club riding, with maybe the odd weekday evening ride as and when I can. It would be great to hear from anyone in or around Salisbury, and learn more about the clubs in that area!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

R7yan | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thank you everyone! I'll check out those two clubs and see which is the most active  1 There are some spectacular areas around Salisbury, such as the Salisbury Plains, Cranborne Chase and the New Forest. All of which I have ridden before, so I am looking forward to them now being my local routes!

@il sole I may well take you up on that offer! Currently going through a house purchase so it's anyone's guess when I will get the keys and finally move across to Salisbury! 

il sole replied to R7yan | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thank you everyone! I'll check out those two clubs and see which is the most active  1 There are some spectacular areas around Salisbury, such as the Salisbury Plains, Cranborne Chase and the New Forest. All of which I have ridden before, so I am looking forward to them now being my local routes!

@il sole I may well take you up on that offer! Currently going through a house purchase so it's anyone's guess when I will get the keys and finally move across to Salisbury! 

[/quote,]

Good luck with the house move! 

il sole | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi r7yan,

I live in salisbury and cycle regularly around here... It's really great, as the previous poster said, nice and lumpy and close to other areas like the new forest... Must admit I'm not with either of the 2 clubs here, but know loads of people who are. SRAM is the biggest and do a weekend ride and a Thursday midweek evening ride out too. I haven't ever gone out with then just because their timings don't fit around 3 kids at home!! As to the other club, Sarum velo, I don't know anyone who is with them, sorry!

Your best bet is to head along to Stonehenge cycles in fisherton street, they'll be able to point you in the right direction! They're a great team there to boot:-) 

If you're still such when you move, post again and you can always rude out with my mate and I:-) 

kil0ran | 8 years ago
0 likes

Cycling is great round there, nicely lumpy to the south west and good connections to the New Forest. Also chalk drovers trails for a Strada Bianche experience. Active time trialling scene as well, particularly around Ringwood (not sure about Salisbury). Can't comment on clubs but there are few better places to cycle in the UK. Sure the Peak District and Lakes are more spectacular but we have the weather to compensate

Martyn_K | 8 years ago
0 likes

The club finder on the British Cycling website shows that there are two BC affiliated clubs in Salisbury.

Salisbury Road and Mountain CC

Sarum Velo

Might be worth searching on Google for them.

Latest Comments