Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Sidi Ergo, Lake CX237 shoes - do they soften/stretch with time?

Hi all.

Getting comfortable shoes for my Hobbit-like wide feet has been a nightmare. I've tried on about 20 and narrowed it down to Lake CX237 and Sidi Ergo 4 Megas. Both are fantastic, but not perfect. Specifically:

1/ Lake CX237 in 44: perfect width, but slight heel movement. They don't have a super-constraining heel by design and it's fine currently - it's similar to my Bonts - but being leather might it get slack over time?

2/ Lake CX237 in 43: a little tight on width... but being leather will this expand with time? If it does expand by about 3-5mm, these would be fantastic.

3/ Sidi Ergo 4 in 43.5: perfect size and amazing shoes, but compared with the soft glove-like feel of the Lakes they are pretty harsh. The uppers are quite a plasticy synthetic material so will this soften up?

So essentially: will the 44 Lakes get worse; will the 43 Lakes get better; will the Ergos get softer?

Any help that leads me to shoe happiness will be received with utter joy and gratitude!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

part_robot | 8 years ago
0 likes

Actually, I'm wrong about the half sizes...

DanTe | 8 years ago
0 likes

Lakes do half sizes! Try and find a 43.5. I had the same problem but found a pair of CX402's wide fit in a 46.5 and they're the best shoes I've ever owned..

part_robot replied to DanTe | 8 years ago
0 likes

DanTe wrote:

Lakes do half sizes! Try and find a 43.5. I had the same problem but found a pair of CX402's wide fit in a 46.5 and they're the best shoes I've ever owned..

They do and they are a good fit, but they only do half sizes for their most expensive models. Not sure I can handle £370 for a pair of shoes. Even £190 for the CX237 is pretty high.

rjfrussell | 8 years ago
0 likes

my belly is softening and stretching with time. can't help with the shoes I'm afraid.

Latest Comments