Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Genesis Volare 853

change in job and thought i might treat myself to a new bike in the spring. 

Looking at the Genesis Volare 853 frameset and wondering if anyone can offer some real world experience. Build quality/ride quality etc. How harsh/smooth do they ride over typical UK roads? 

Basic spec volare 853, zonda wheels, veloce groupset, fizik r3 level finishing. 

Anyone care to pick any holes in that? 

edit, WTF does summary do?????

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Kevin TheRoadie | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have a Rourke 853 custom Audax frame including 853 forks and like it a lot.  It has a nice blend of stiffness when you stamp  on the pedals helping acceleration, but is still has that nice smooth and clatter-free 'steel ride' that makes it good over a long day.  Not as light as Carbon,  but can still be built into a light fast sharp-handling and responsive machine that should give a lifetime of pleasure   1

Rourke have built quite a few 853 winter training frames for GB pros so it must be pretty decent .... far too good for me!

Ogi | 8 years ago
0 likes

I tried 853 before and it's amazing. Currently riding Eq 725 and loving it.

I love your spec. Volare should be cheaper option than Rourke 853.

Thumbs up!!!!

Simon E | 8 years ago
1 like

Quote:

WTF does summary do?????

Provide a summary of your post for search engines.... and an opportunity for you to provide a blank post.

I'd quite fancy a Volare build too, shame I can't help you with what they're like.

Nat Jas Moe | 8 years ago
0 likes

?

Latest Comments