Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Sora Compact 2015 Road Bike upgrades

This is my bike below. i'm new to road cycling and would love to upgrade this bike but have no idea where to start. was thinking the brakes first could use any advise from those more experienced than i. thanks for your time  1

Frame:

VIA Nirone 7 ALU 6061

Fork:

Alu Carbon-Kevlar C2C – 28" – 1.1/8 300mm ss46mm

Front Derailleur:

Shimano Sora 3500, Band type 34.9mm

Rear Derailleur:

Shimano Sora 3500, 9sp

Number of Gears:

Shifters:

Shimano Sora 3500

Chainset:

FSA Tempo compact

Chainrings:

50/34T

Bottom Bracket:

FSA BSA Square type 110.5mm

Cassette:

Shimano Tiagra 9sp 12-27T

Chain:

FSA Team Issue 9sp, 114 links

Pedals:

Not Supplied

Brakeset:

Reparto Corse Alloy Dual-Pivot caliper

Handlebars:

Reparto Corse Compact, Flat Top, alloy 6061 diam. 31,8mm, reach: 126mm, drop: 77 mm, black

Stem:

Reparto Corse Alloy 6061

Headset:

FSA NO.8B/ZS4D 1-1/8" Semi-Integrated lower + Integrated upper

Grips:

Velo Bianchi embossed logo

Rims:

Reparto Corse DRX4000 700CX2-14H F/V

Front Hub:

Alloy 28H black anodized, two sealed bearing, with QR

Rear Hub:

Alloy 28H black anodized, two sealed bearing, steel body; with QR

Spokes:

700C 14G Stainless XD

Front Tyre:

Hutchinson Nitro 2 700 × 23, 33TPI

Rear Tyre:

Hutchinson Nitro 2 700 × 23, 33TPI

Tubes:

Kenda 700X23c,48mm,F/V

Saddle:

San Marco Era Start Power, steel rail, cover SYNTEX, length/wide277x145

Seatpost:

Reparto Corse 6061-T6 alloy shaft, 6061forged alloy head, 15 mm offset, L350mm, 31,6mm

Seat Binder:

AL 6061-T6 34.9mm

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

thesaladdays | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'd definitely recommend getting some pedals if you want to get into cycling  yes

Seriously though, if you're just starting out and planning on riding in winter, get some good kevlar tyres, as someone mentioned above.  However, there's nothing wrong with what you've got at the moment overall, so just get out and ride, and then you can upgrade other stuff as it wears out, or if you find something in particular you don't like, or if you find yourself doing a lot of long trips or a lot of climbing then you might want to consider lighter components. 

Jimbomitch | 8 years ago
0 likes

+1 for a decent pump, when I started I would pump up my tyres with a mini pump. Invested in a cheap Track pump (make sure it has a pressure dial) and BOOM! flew around my next ride.

Stef Marazzi | 8 years ago
0 likes

Stick some Zondas on and some Shimano 105 5800 callipers and it will be amazing. Also a 105 5700 chainset will go on fine (Its 10 speed but will work perfectly with the rest of the 9 speed). It will save you some weight and be a lot stiffer to pedal.

Woldsman | 8 years ago
2 likes

Stick with what you've got.  Enjoy it.  Spend only what you need.  Save up for a jazzy bike.  Then use the Bianchi as your 'winter' bike. 

weezer_j | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've got the same bike but from 2013 and with the Campag Xenon spec. The best upgrades I've found for minimal spend are:

new brake pads - the Dura Ace replacement pads fit your brake calipers, only cost about £10 per wheel and provide much better stopping (you only need to get the pads, not the whole brake shoe)

New tyres - almost any folding/kevlar bead tyres will be better than the stock tyres - there are loads of threads about which to go for depending on your need - I went for Continental GP4000S's - lighter, less rolling resistance, better grip and better puncture protection

this last one might sound odd but a decent pump! If you're running your tyres too soft any upgrades you pay for will be practically wasted - apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs but it's definitely the cheapest 'upgrade' I've found!

Personally I'd recommend starting with these before investing in new wheels etc unless you've got the cash to hand already as you'll feel the benefit straight away and can keep them even when you buy new wheels. If you have got the money then the wheels should be next on your list as the stock ones are quite heavy and aren't very stiff. Afraid I can't say what you should go for but again there are loads of threads about which wheelsets to go for on various budgets

Prosper0 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Good quality wheels, new chain and cassette, good quality brake pads and it'll feel like a new bike. 

Jimbomitch | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm no expert but through what I have read the wheels are the first place to look, without breaking the bank maybe some Campagnolo Zonda wheels?  What do other readers think?

Latest Comments