Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Some help on my F10 Ultimate Pro, please!!

Hi bike lovers, i have a problem or maybe i dont, anyway i need opinion fast, plate that holds front derailleur on my seat tube (braze-on) its pop-riveted to the frame, and now one rivet has detached from the frame. I took the problem into my own hands, i put the rivet back in to the frame and use some solid glue on plate , i put around 100-150 km,  and stil no problem. I am just wondering is this a problem solver, or its just temporary. Please help. Cheers!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Ivan | 8 years ago
0 likes

Yes, i belive that is the best option, but for now i am gona stick just with the glue until its separated again

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Get it riveted again, pop rivet guns are cheap and you can buy variety of rivet to suit needs. I always thought rivets a poor way to hold the derailleur. Drill head off old rivet carefully and fit a bigger/higher strength version

kwi | 8 years ago
0 likes

Not knowing what glue you've used going to have to err on the side of caution and say it's a temporary fix.

Latest Comments