Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone ordered from RaceView Cycles in Co. Antrim ?

Hi Everyone,

Was looking to place an online order with RaceView Cycles but was wondering if anyone has feedback, before I go ahead.

thanks,

Bill

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

149 comments

don simon fbpe replied to mossman14 | 6 years ago
4 likes

mossman14 wrote:

I just received my Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50 wheelset bought online from Race View Cycles.   Bought on their website, got order confirmation, shipping confirmation and tracking number so I was able to track my package from Europe to the U.S.   Got the package in less than a week and well packaged.     Could not have been more pleased with my purchase and ease of purchase and pricing and shipping....ALL WAS GOOD.   Would buy again from Race View Cylces.   I know I saw a few negative comments so I was slightly worried, but it was a good experience and really love the new wheels!   Give them a try!

Thanks for your post. I have read this thread with interest and am gobsmacked at some of the responses and negativity. I think that if a company was this bad, we would have heard about it in the news, or in the papers, or on Watchdog, or on a programme with Dom, or something else. so I think the negativity is just sour grapes, (do adults call it fake news now?) and probably just pissed off competitors. There are so many threads here where someone asks for a recommendation and the whole forum descends to slag off the company. It's as if you can't say anything positive about good, hardworking people anymore.

Anyway I am looking at buying an Enigma for Christmas, I really, really, really hope that Santa can collect in time to deliver it to me.

In spite of seeing all the negative posts, and evidence, and emails and everything, I think that I won't have any problems and that they will give me good service.

I'll be back with a new log-in to report my positive experience (just like everyone else) because I like being anany anouny amouny  a secret person.

DRC | 6 years ago
0 likes

I am also one who online shopped and came across Race View Cycles for an item I was searching.

Like others, I was not familiar with the site, it was foreign, so I took to reviews and such. Some of the brutal negative reviews used language that sent red flags up for me. My instinct guided me to a low risk probability that my experience would be as horrific. Took the gamble and made my on line purchase 2 weeks ago 31Oct17.

I immediately received an email confirmation, shipping confirmation and a fantastic shipping rate.

This week I received the beautiful Campagnollo corkscrew in the manufacturers original box, at a fantastic price, unscathed all the way to Alaska.

I feel a double victory here 1) beautiful christmas gift for my Father and, 2) beat the negative reviews.

Thank you Race View Cycles

srchar replied to DRC | 6 years ago
6 likes

DRC wrote:

I feel a victory here, beat the negative reviews.

Congratulations on such an emphatic win; it must have been so satisfying to receive your corkscrew; what a bonus that the box was thrown in free of charge!  I wonder how those of us have been f*cked about and lost time and money to the crooks who run RaceView will ever come back from such a crushing defeat.

I notice that the steady stream of new posts has driven this thread back to the top spot on Google for the search term "Race View Cycles", so I'm just clinging onto that really.

brooksby replied to DRC | 6 years ago
4 likes

DRC wrote:

I am also one who online shopped and came across Race View Cycles for an item I was searching.

Like others, I was not familiar with the site, it was foreign, so I took to reviews and such. Some of the brutal negative reviews used language that sent red flags up for me. My instinct guided me to a low risk probability that my experience would be as horrific. Took the gamble and made my on line purchase 2 weeks ago 31Oct17.

I immediately received an email confirmation, shipping confirmation and a fantastic shipping rate.

This week I received the beautiful Campagnollo corkscrew in the manufacturers original box, at a fantastic price, unscathed all the way to Alaska.

I feel a double victory here 1) beautiful christmas gift for my Father and, 2) beat the negative reviews.

Alaska, eh? Really? Anyway, out of curiosity, what language did you write your *first ever post here* in before you used Google Translate to put it into English?

davel replied to DRC | 6 years ago
4 likes
DRC wrote:

Yay, good for you.

All the people who disagree are just capitalist warmongering dotard pigdogs.

Butty replied to DRC | 6 years ago
7 likes

DRC wrote:

This week I received the beautiful Campagnollo corkscrew in the manufacturers original box

If that is what is written on the box then congrats - you've just received some Chinese knock-off.

SHAUNAM | 6 years ago
5 likes

I see this thread has come back to life again lol.  Is it any wonder these bad reviews won't go away given the lack of service this company continues to offer.    I spotted some negative reviews on trustpilot too.  Their reputation preceeds them lol  4

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.raceviewcycles.com

Alessandro replied to DRC | 6 years ago
4 likes

DRC wrote:

DRC = Darren Raceview Cycles? Or just a massive coincidence...?

superbike | 6 years ago
3 likes

I see that Raceview cycles are now using Trustpilot to post lots of very obviously fake reviews.

To top it all, it looks like they are getting any negative reviews removed from Trustpilot, then posting a new "fake" review in it's place.    

Spotted a negative review on trustpilot yesterday.  lasted about an hour before it was removed.  Then strangely a very over the top positive review was posted.  the reviewer said he had "I stumbled onto the website, and it felt like home"  Seriously???????

the fact that trustpilot allow reviews that are so clearly totally fake is mental. the latest 2 are actually hysterical they are so bad
5 of there positive reviews have a name that starts with J and 3 are tom/tommy . lacking imagination some what lol
and they all mention the negative reviews putting them off but they order anyway???

Canyon48 | 6 years ago
4 likes

Something isn't right here...

srchar | 6 years ago
8 likes

The Trust Pilot "reviews" are unintentionally hilarious.  Some of them border on Oscar-winning (or whatever the fake online review equivalent is). This one's a peach:

Mr. Ray C. View-Cycles wrote:

I knew what I wanted, and John was there to fine tune and guide me through it. I stumbled onto the website, and it felt like home. Wiggle and Chain Reaction seem more intent on closeouts and what they have left in inventory, the websites are messy and not intuitive and they offer no real ability to contact anyone for questions. Race View website was clean and informative. Too good to be true? Again, John would always respond to my emails and did so with confidence and knowledge. Sure, I read some bad reviews, but I also read some good ones, and I let John lead me to my own inner confidence in prepaying a $4,000 USD purchase from a complete stranger! All in all, it was a bit stressful in babysitting the shipping, but the order came complete, undamaged and as promised. Thanks John! The C50 has a brand new life, and its owner has some excitement building inside.

These two should f*ck!

ktache | 6 years ago
3 likes

I love this thread.  Especially the commited cyclists who single post with their positive reviews.

ktache | 6 years ago
4 likes

I did a double post, there is now a delete button. Yeah!

Hazzaman replied to superbike | 6 years ago
3 likes

superbike wrote:

I see that Raceview cycles are now using Trustpilot to post lots of very obviously fake reviews.

To top it all, it looks like they are getting any negative reviews removed from Trustpilot, then posting a new "fake" review in it's place.    

Spotted a negative review on trustpilot yesterday.  lasted about an hour before it was removed.  Then strangely a very over the top positive review was posted.  the reviewer said he had "I stumbled onto the website, and it felt like home"  Seriously???????

the fact that trustpilot allow reviews that are so clearly totally fake is mental. the latest 2 are actually hysterical they are so bad
5 of there positive reviews have a name that starts with J and 3 are tom/tommy . lacking imagination some what lol
and they all mention the negative reviews putting them off but they order anyway???

Yep, I also left a negative review on trustpilot for them.  You will see from my earlier post that I had to chase them through Darren Crawford at the Ballymena guardian.  my negative review lasted an hour on trustpilot before it was taken down and an email arrives from trustpilot compliance saying my review doesnt meet their standards.  F..ks sake,  yet all the fake positive reviews are still there. Makes me not want to trust trustpilot and sure wouldn't trust raceview cycles.  

crom replied to DRC | 6 years ago
3 likes

Very considerate of DRC to use the UK date format instead of the US one.

DRC wrote:

CygnusX1 | 6 years ago
4 likes

Isn't it strange that all the 5-star reviews on TrustPilot purport to be from customers in the US and nearly all are for SRAM e-Tap purchases?

Hazzaman | 6 years ago
2 likes

Here's the latest negative review from trustpilot.  thought I'd post it here in case it does a houdini on trustpilot.  That's one well p*ssed off customer!

Hazzaman | 6 years ago
3 likes

It looks like google is getting the action now!! Everyone, lets sit back and wait for the 5+ fake positive reviews that suddenly appear singling the praises about 'Johns' AMAZING customer service and unbelievably good communication and follow up calls! 

Jeffmcguinness | 6 years ago
8 likes

This is the thread that keeps on giving!

SHAUNAM | 6 years ago
2 likes

yet another bad review for Raceview on trustpilot. I'm sure it won't be long until there are load of fake positive reviews added, that seems to be their pattern every time there is a bad review.

How are these guys still in business?  

Hazzaman | 5 years ago
7 likes

Here's a little poem I put together about Raceview Cycles.  

If anyone is feeling creative and would like to add a few verses be my guest smiley

There once was a shop named raceview
Who treated their customers like poo
When you place an order
All you get is disorder
And the staff don't seem to have a clue!

The owner says his name is "John"
He Says he's hands on
He will find your order in no time
But he's full of hot air
Cos the order's still not there
and I'm ready to create armagedon!

SHAUNAM | 5 years ago
1 like

Latest from trustpilot and they haven't tried to get the post taken down this time.  Looks like these guys are on their last legs (or should i say wheels hahaha!)

Hazzaman | 5 years ago
3 likes

Just a heads up guys.  Raceview cycles facebook page and their sister site Raceview equestrian's facebook page have suddenly disappeared from facebook.  Looks like they might be about to go under.   Their websites are still up and running but the reviews before they took their facebook pages down were shocking, people weren't getting their orders and having problems getting any contact or refunds.

Be Warned! Don't be ordering from them!  

CygnusX1 | 5 years ago
6 likes

If true, Hazzaman, that will be a shame --- not that the company may be about to fold - that's good news for consumers, except for anyone who has currently placed an order and waiting for goods or a refund  --- but that "the thread that keeps on giving" won't give any more comedy gold.

However I suspect even if RaceView does indeed fold, a new company operating from the same or nearby address and similarly named directors will suddenly rise from the ashes.  

davel | 5 years ago
4 likes

Shiny Equestrian opening party on the same premises in 3, 2, 1...

ktache | 5 years ago
5 likes

I for one am hoping that they do reopen, not that anyone should ever, and I mean ever use them, but the single poster GREAT reviews were something else.

Hazzaman replied to CygnusX1 | 5 years ago
2 likes

CygnusX1 wrote:

If true, Hazzaman, that will be a shame --- not that the company may be about to fold - that's good news for consumers, except for anyone who has currently placed an order and waiting for goods or a refund  --- but that "the thread that keeps on giving" won't give any more comedy gold.

However I suspect even if RaceView does indeed fold, a new company operating from the same or nearby address and similarly named directors will suddenly rise from the ashes.  

Yep you're right about that CygnusX1!   It will be the poor folks waiting on orders and not getting their money back and the companies they owe money too that will suffer.  Same thing happened with shiny bikes.  

And yes suspect there will be another company that will suddenly rise from the ashes, just like before.  Shocking that folks can get away with that.

Though we will all miss the "thread that keeps on giving"

srchar replied to srchar | 5 years ago
1 like

srchar wrote:

Race View are Shiny Bikes, who were crap and went bust, then lied about it on here. ENDS

Race View, who were crap and went bust, were Shiny Bikes, who were crap and went bust, then lied about it on here. ENDS

FTFM

Surprised they lasted this long, to be honest.

SHAUNAM | 5 years ago
0 likes

Well if it's true and they are gone, then good riddance is all I can say!

Saw this on a local fb group, feel sorry for those who have lost their money

Pages

Latest Comments