Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone ordered from RaceView Cycles in Co. Antrim ?

Hi Everyone,

Was looking to place an online order with RaceView Cycles but was wondering if anyone has feedback, before I go ahead.

thanks,

Bill

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

149 comments

StraelGuy | 8 years ago
3 likes

I was thinking exactly the same thing...

srchar replied to kwi | 8 years ago
6 likes

kwi wrote:

Anyone else think that signing upto a forum to leave a review a bit strange?

It is rather, especially when the reviews consist of "I ordered stuff, it was delivered" - hardly the exceptional customer service experience that prompts one to sign up to a forum just to leave a review.

Race View are Shiny Bikes, who were crap and went bust, then lied about it on here. ENDS

barbarus | 8 years ago
8 likes

Perhaps if I can step in here to offer some more concrete proof.  Since ordering from these guys, my power has gone up by average 30 watts, I have consistently smashed my PBs and have not had a single puncture.  Case closed.

beankeef | 8 years ago
3 likes

I'm still hopeful but I ordered 3 items from the in March. I received 2 after a hastening email but still haven't seen the 3rd (and most expensive), 5 weeks later. I've sent a message asking for the item or a refund and I'll let you know how I get on. I'm expecting to hear tomorrow (Monday morning).

beankeef | 8 years ago
3 likes

Leave well alone, they're incompetent at best and crooked at worst. 

matthewn5 | 8 years ago
1 like

Certainly true that 6 Eskylane Road Antriml where the business is registered, was on the market in May last year:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property-history/6-eskylane-road/antrim/bt41-2ll...

bna replied to RaceviewEquestrian | 7 years ago
1 like

I am quoting RaceviewEquestrian first.

RaceviewEquestrian wrote:

The rest of the statements and correlations linking us with any other company or companies such as Shiny Bikes is incorrect.

The comments above suggest we are the same company are inaccurate, untrue and libellous.

If Shiny Bikes ceased trading then it is completely reasonable that a new entity is legally separate and independent. Some forum members have identified that these independent entities share some things in common. 

I have noted that Shiny Bikes stocked the following bike brands:
Pinarello, Colnago, Enigma, Kinesis, Cinelli and Ritchey.

And that Race View Cycles stock:
Pinarello, Colnago, Enigma and Kinesis. 

I have also noted that the Terms and Conditions used in the current Race View Cycles website is identical, in many sections, to the Terms and Conditions used for Shinybikes.

Without suggesting that there is any connection, the coincidence is remarkable.

There have been retailers in the bike world who have had various issues or even a change in ownership and have made a fresh start which means that there are familiar staff  and a new opportunity for those businesses to make changes.

Customers are keen on trustworthy and reliable retailers. In online communities, individuals tend to have a sense of looking out for one another and expecting nothing in return. Individuals may not always get it right, though typically they are acting selflessly which is why people have so much faith in the information shared in communities. This is compounded by the trend of big business who work unfairly and against the interests of consumers and society.

Brands / retailers / companies can help the community by being forthcoming. For example when SRAM had the hydraulic disc brake recall, they went to the public quickly and though they took hit in publicising and resolving this, they retain customer faith by being open.

604cefiro | 7 years ago
2 likes

Hi everyone,

Just want to post my experience with Race View Cycles recently.

I placed an order with them early April (timeline of progress below), and received the package today May 4th 2016.  The delay wasn't Race View Cycles fault, it was my local postal service Canada Customs had a massive delay for clearing items through our boarders.

At the end of the day, I received my 2 Vittoria Corsa G+ tires and some muc off hydro lube for a FANTASTIC price (versus our Canadian pricing for the same goods).

Overall, I am satisfied, but was very concerned when I first saw this thread.

John did communicate with me, but there were definitely delays with his responses via email.  I left them a voicemail message but didn't receive a call back.  On week 3 of the order, I emailed a few times but did not receive any responses.  It was only when I messaged them on FB that I received a response promising that they would follow up with Royal Mail and give me an update thereafter, but again I did not hear back.

Would I order again?  Possibly, I'm waiting for John/Race View to email me back after I gave them some feedback, so we'll see how they respond.

For now, definitely be cautious, make sure your creditcard company will give you a way to recoup costs if things go sideways.  But like I said, at the end of the day I received my goods, packaged well, and received them at a great deal.

Note:  I'm not a shill... You can find me on other forums under this name, and on instagram under 604.will

Order Date:  April 6th 2016
Order Processed/Shipped/Tracking Received:  April 14th 2016
- On April 12th I emailed John in regards to the order as I didn't receive any update from them about what the status was
- Within a few hours he emailed back apologizing that they were moving locations and that they didn't send it out yet, but would do so immediately
- Provided tracking number 2 days later on April 16th
Order Received:  May 4th 2016
- Order took much longer than expected to arrive
- The package actually arrived here in Canada on April 19th, but Canada Customs had a massive delay in clearing packages (agent said 45 days)
- This delay was NOT Race View Cycles fault, it was our local postal service

Mikesbikes007 | 7 years ago
4 likes

Caution! This company are truly appalling with no customer care.
I ordered a bike computer 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive it.
I have spoken to them on several occasions and emailed via site and Facebook (no. Response to emails)to be given different stories every time. When asked for tracking info they said it hadn't yet been sent. Asked for refund the next time and was told it was dispatched but no tracking details (told I would get called back which never happened)
I have called all morning to get engaged tone.
I have never had an online shopping experience like it.
Seem to have no care regarding customers as long as they have your money they are not interested!

Lesdon499 | 7 years ago
1 like

Hi everyone

I joined the forum following a search AFTER I had ordered from Raceview and found this post.  Had I found these previously I wouldn't have ordered but here is my experience:

30 April 2016 - I ordered Powertap GS AMP wheelset at a great price.  Having Googled these, Raceview came up with the best price and the ordering was as slick as any other internet provider.

I then did a search on the company, found this and I have to say my jaw hit the floor.  So much so that I called on Monday and spoke with John.  He advised me that the wheels weren't in stock (website advised they were) but they would order them in.  Over the following couple of weeks I called and to be fair John called me back on every occasion and updated me.  They did advise that the wheels had been delivered and would be posted out on a Fri but they weren't; then it was the Monday and it wasn't but they were  posted 24 hours on the Friday to get to me.

I received the wheels on 23 May 2016 which for wheels that were out of stock wasn't too bad.  So all in all, given the price I am delighted with my wheels and the price.  They could improve customer service a bit but the same could be said for other retailers I hahve encountered likewise.

Les

Gruntled | 7 years ago
1 like

Similar good experience to Les, but better.

I live in California. Ordered Campy Bora Ones at a price substantially lower than anything else I saw on the net. Order placed June 26. Googled the company after I placed the order, got concerned after reading this forum and emailed to see if the wheels were in stock. John emailed within 24 hours to assure me they were and that they'd ship in a couple of days. About a week later I got a shipment confirmation email with a tracking number. Wheels arrived July 6. I ran them through Certilogo.com to check authenticity and they cleared, and inspection showed no damage whatever.

So, from order to the UK to my door in the USA it was 10 days. Would recommend them without reservation.

mck414 | 7 years ago
1 like

I recently placed an order with Race View Cycles and had a great expereince.  Being located in the US, John from Race View immediately contacted to let me know my bank would more than likely block the transaction as "suspicious" due to the overseas and purchase price.  Sure enough, he was correct.  Once I got my bank squared away the purchase when through.  As advertised shipping was a flat rate and was delivered on time, 5 days later.  Race View Cycles providedthe tracking number as soon as they had it available.  

I won't hesitate to order bike stuff from Race View Cycles again.

srchar | 7 years ago
3 likes

And at the moment I hear that they give you ten per cent off if you register on road.cc and leave a comment on this thread! /sarc

...probably because it's still the top hit on Google if you search for Race View Cycles. That must hurt.

kenyond | 7 years ago
5 likes

It is very strange people registering to leave one post...... Just had a read of the T&C's and not seen anything like them

Leeroy_Silk replied to RaceviewEquestrian | 7 years ago
5 likes

Race View Cycles office is based near Ballymena but the stock and orders are processed from our warehouse in the UK. This logistically makes common sense because 95% of our customer base online is the mainland UK, and overseas so logistically it makes sense to ship all orders from the mainland. This makes for a more efficient  service to our online customers.!

Why not relocate to North America? Most of your recent road.cc reviews all seem to come from that side of the pond. 

ktula | 7 years ago
5 likes

I will not order another item from RaceView Cycles again.

I first placed an order for a set of Zipp 30 Course disc wheels on 8/15. My credit card was promptly charged after placing the order. When i didn't receive any order confirmation, i sent an email two days later (8/17) asking if the order would be shipped soon. When i still didn't get a response on the 19th, i requested the order be canceled if it wasn't going to be shipped by Monday (8/22). I received a prompt response from John indicating that it was not going to be a problem to ship by Monday. On 8/22, assuming that the order had already been shipped, i emailed John requesting a tracking number for the shipment. John responded with a Royal Mail tracking number. When i entered the tracking number on Royal Mail's website, the status indicated they had made an attempt to deliver the package somewhere in UK. I asked John if he had sent me the incorrect tracking number and he responsed on 8/23 with the "correct" tracking number for Parcel Force. Upon entering that tracking number, i received this status:

"We have no tracks for your parcel yet. The status of your parcel will be updated in due course."

This seems to be an indication that Parcel Force has not yet received the parcel from RaceView Cycles. So i emailed John asking him if the set of wheels had been shipped and i mentioned i needed the wheels very soon for my upcoming cyclocross race. He did not respond.

When Parcel Force tracking site gave me the same information again a few hours ago, i emailed John to cancel my order since it's obvious he had not shipped it on Monday as promised and i have no clue if he was ever going to ship it. I only hope RaceView Cycles will refund my credit card as quickly as they had charged it.

glennh | 7 years ago
2 likes

Had a difficult experience with race view cycles.

My order took many unanswered emails to process and I had to suggest having VISA involved in an online fraud transaction before the company replied. I attempted to call them but their number was not in service. 

The order was explained to be out of stock despite being charged to my credit card and purchased from an in stock description. I had to give an ultimatum of a tracked shipping  reciept for the product or a direct VISA refund. The order then shipped.

My experience took over 2 months and took many difficult emails to conclude. I feel lucky that i did not have to involve VISA in this transaction. 

ktula replied to glennh | 7 years ago
2 likes

glennh wrote:

Had a difficult experience with race view cycles.

My order took many unanswered emails to process and I had to suggest having VISA involved in an online fraud transaction before the company replied. I attempted to call them but their number was not in service. 

The order was explained to be out of stock despite being charged to my credit card and purchased from an in stock description. I had to give an ultimatum of a tracked shipping  reciept for the product or a direct VISA refund. The order then shipped.

My experience took over 2 months and took many difficult emails to conclude. I feel lucky that i did not have to involve VISA in this transaction. 

I emailed John to cancel my order since he had not shipped them last Thursday (8/25). I was just about to contact VISA to dispute this charge when John responded with yet another Parcel Force tracking number. The tracking number only worked after a day and it indicated the parcel was shipped on Thursday, not on Monday as he had promised. I asked John if the parcel was shipped on Monday or Thursday. No response.

Bluecabbage | 7 years ago
1 like

Hey all, just joined the forum to post for this purpose. Like many who have found this thread, I found a good price for bike parts and rolled the dice...... Ordered a Di2 group set and thought no more of it. After a couple of weeks, I had not seen any action so started looking on line and found this thread. Started getting nervous after 3 weeks. Contacted the store, got a tracking no. And the kit showed up as ordered in California about a week later. So, fast.... No, good price yes, came as ordered, yes. Can't comment on shiny bikes but would buy from these guys again. Hope that helps anyone else who finds themselves in the same spot. Thanks for listening.......

MLAPSLEY55 | 7 years ago
8 likes

I just happened to stumble upon this thread and feel I have to say something! FRAZER/John/Bill or whatever you are calling yourself this week. Would you stop with the fake reviews, they are so overcooked, they stand out a mile!! Note to self, if you are caught out blatantly lying to your customers then we will vote with our feet and shop elsewhere!! Any forum members considering buying from this company,don't!!

gaz65 | 7 years ago
1 like

Hi all! Have just bought a Axiom rear pannier rack from Raceview, it arrived just now and is about to be fitted. Dispatch is supposedly up to 48hrs but I was notified of dispatch on the forth day, also given a Parcelforce tracking number. Actual goods in transit time has been 3 days, not taking a weekend into account. Was worried after reading other posts but service, packaging and delivery has been as good as any reputable dealer out there. The rack is in perfect condition and i was suprised how much cheaper it was coming in at approx £15 less than other sellers. Hope others have the same experience as I have, and going by this purchase I will buy from them again. It's not all doom and gloom folks, maybe there was a rocky patch whilst setting up their company with suppliers and logistics. Just sharing my experience with this company and hope it is helpful to all.

gaz65 replied to Leeroy_Silk | 7 years ago
1 like

Leeroy_Silk wrote:

Race View Cycles office is based near Ballymena but the stock and orders are processed from our warehouse in the UK. This logistically makes common sense because 95% of our customer base online is the mainland UK, and overseas so logistically it makes sense to ship all orders from the mainland. This makes for a more efficient  service to our online customers.!

Why not relocate to North America? Most of your recent road.cc reviews all seem to come from that side of the pond. 

my tracking info said my itemwas shipped from Belfast, not UK mainland.

MLAPSLEY55 | 7 years ago
6 likes

Another fake review!  Raceviewequestrian must be desperate for sales!!  Given the genuine bad reviews and my own bad experience with them, I am surprised they are still in business!  A company that needs to write their own "good" reviews? DESPERATE!! Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole! 

Marcus7777 | 7 years ago
3 likes

Raceview are a pack of Charlatans.  I placed an order 6 weeks ago ..still no sign of it.  They have my money and I have no order.  Have asked Visa to get my money back.   Don't waste your time and risk your money buying from them.  Seriously wish I had read some of the reviews on here before deciding to order from them.  

Muzzxx replied to kwi | 7 years ago
3 likes

Cheap prices, very slow to deliver, dreadful customer service. Only order if you enjoy the wait and be prepared to call them repeatedly.

ahsumdad | 7 years ago
1 like

I purchased a Zipp disc wheel recently from RaceView Cycles.  I don't know about previous versions of the store, but my experience was very positive.  Had good communication, fast delivery and good price.  I live near Denver, Colorado and the wheel arrived in a little less than a week from date of purchase.  

MLAPSLEY55 | 7 years ago
1 like

I think all these positive reviews, which are so obviously fake, show a real lack of integrity.  This thread just proves how untrustworthy Raceview cycles actually is.  You would be a total fool to buy anything from them.  There are plenty of other much more reputable companies out there selling the same items.  When trust in a company is lost, the company no longer has any value.  Shop somewhere folks! 

JimBob67 | 7 years ago
1 like

Placed an order for Campagnolo Zonda C17 wheels with Race View which were considerably cheaper than the regular sites.

Then found this post and started to worry,  thought it would turn into a load of hassle.

I heard nothing for a few days so phoned and spoke to John. He said because of the Xmas break they were behind with sending orders out and that it would be despatched that day (Friday) and I'd receive the wheels Tuesday the following week. They actually arrived a day early on the Monday.

I'm not saying people haven't had problems with Race View but my order went pretty smoothly. Maybe they've got their act together?

I'm not from the USA and yes I've had to join the forum and this is my first post but just thought I'd share my experience.

grover | 7 years ago
3 likes

First time poster. I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to report something on these guys. I wanted a certain crankset. Race View Cycles have it listed as 'In Stock' and at a very competitive price. I got to the point of paying and as they didn't accept paypal I decided to google them. That lead me to this thread. So I emailed them to confirm whether the crankset was actually in stock. The good, they replied within 24 hours. The bad, it wasn't in stock and is a special order item so would take 2-3 weeks after I paid for them to receive it, and then the time for them to send to me.

So at best it seems their website doesn't communicate well with their actual stock levels. At worst they've setup their website to display incorrect stock notifications in order to attract purchases. They are somewhere on the spectrum between behind the times, disorganised and deceptive. With so many options for the consumer I'd advise you shop elsewhere.

Not accepting paypal, I can only imagine the headache that would have ensued should I have paid with a credit card then needed them to issue a refund when I realised my item wasn't actually in stock and it would take weeks.

As it stands I bought the crankset I wanted from a shop that sells through eBay for a similar price. I get to pay with paypal so I'm protected and it's most likely that it will be in stock and ship quickly or I would have seen comments in their feedback alluding to similar occurances.

Butty replied to JimBob67 | 7 years ago
1 like

JimBob67 wrote:

Placed an order for Campagnolo Zonda C17 wheels with Race View which were considerably cheaper than the regular sites.

Then found this post and started to worry,  thought it would turn into a load of hassle.

I heard nothing for a few days so phoned and spoke to John. He said because of the Xmas break they were behind with sending orders out and that it would be despatched that day (Friday) and I'd receive the wheels Tuesday the following week. They actually arrived a day early on the Monday.

I'm not saying people haven't had problems with Race View but my order went pretty smoothly. Maybe they've got their act together?

I'm not from the USA and yes I've had to join the forum and this is my first post but just thought I'd share my experience.

Are Chicken Cyclekit (shown on box)  related to Raceview? 

Pages

Latest Comments