Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cosine Wheels

After asking about wheels on another post someone advised about Cosine wheels ( wiggles own brand i believe)

I am not a light weight person 15st 5lb (105.7kg).
There is not much information about them compared to other wheels, so anyone who is using them I would be greatful for honest reviews.

Thanks in advance

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

danielosman | 8 years ago
0 likes

Good news you are not  105.7kg you are in my calculation 97.5kg still over the 90kg limit but not alot

kwi replied to danielosman | 8 years ago
0 likes

danielosman wrote:

Good news you are not  105.7kg you are in my calculation 97.5kg still over the 90kg limit but not alot

Maybe he added the weight of the bike?

UpHillBattle | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for info.
I will have to look at wheel options which have higher spoke numbers which i never knew.

Still like the Cosine wheels so hopefully someone on here has a set & can review them

AKH | 8 years ago
0 likes

I was looking at their wheels last night.

You're over the suggested weight limit of their carbon wheels.

As for the alloy wheels, only the 24mm version is in stock. The others have a May ETA.

A member of Wiggle staff has stated in the Q&A section "These [the 24mm version] do not have a weight limit but I would suggest that if you are over 100kg to keep a close eye on the spoke tension."

As the wheels have standard J-bend spokes, replacements should be cheap and easy to source, but I think if you were to ask a custom wheel builder, they would suggest a higher spoke count than the 20/24 that these wheels have, for a rider of your weight. 28/32 or even 32/32 would probably be more suitable, unless you were using very strong spokes and rims.

Latest Comments