Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

CX disc wheels

I'm looking to get an additional set of wheels for my Caadx for CX and keep the origianl wheels for road use.  I have narrowed it down to Kinesis and Hunt.  Are the Hunts worth the extra?

https://www.merlincycles.com/kinesis-crosslight-cx-disc-wheelset-v4-2016...

http://www.huntbikewheels.com/collections/wheels/products/mason-x-hunt-f...

Thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Luv2ride | 8 years ago
1 like

Another vote for the Kinesis V3 CX disc wheelset here.  I have 2 X pairs and both have been great.  At the time there weren't really any other options at the price point but both the Cosines and the ProLite Revos would have got my attention if they'd been available.

themartincox | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've got the Kinesis wheels and really like them

top bit of kit IMO

bikebot | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've owned a set of Crosslight V3 wheels for about a year and I consider them to have been a very good purchase.  Completely trouble free, and unless the V4 set is a significant improvement you can find them discounted at a few places.

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have a set of hunt wheels. I like them, well made a have held up to my heavy weight. Look at just ride along website, they do all sorts of wheelset and custom wheels aswell

ajvb65 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I considered both those wheelsets for my PX XLS commuter but in the end got some Cosine disc wheels from Wiggle. So far they have been great & couldn't be happier with them especially as they are similar weight, have sealed bearings but are a lot cheaper.

abusivemonk replied to ajvb65 | 8 years ago
0 likes
ajvb65 wrote:

I considered both those wheelsets for my PX XLS commuter but in the end got some Cosine disc wheels from Wiggle. So far they have been great & couldn't be happier with them especially as they are similar weight, have sealed bearings but are a lot cheaper.

I bought these wheels too very recently. For the money they are spot on. Highly highly recommended.

Latest Comments