Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Wheel Advise

Hoping for a little help with regards to wheels.

I have only been cycling for 9months and am thinking about a second set of wheels for my bike to have winter/wet weather tyres on,

Currently I have Mavic CPX22 wheels on the bike which I would use as the winter wheels,

Would Fulcrum Racing 7 LG Alloy Clincher Wheelset be any good for a summer set of wheels?

Not looking to spend a fortune but want a wheel that will last.

Any advise or other wheel suggestions would be a help,

Running Shimano if that makes a difference to the wheels options.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

ajvb65 | 8 years ago
0 likes

You don't specify a budget but the Campag Zondas are excellent wheels & great value. I replaced some Fulcrum 7s for those. Cosine wheels from Wiggle look to be excellent wheels & great value. I have the disc ones on my CX commuter bike.

medic_ollie | 8 years ago
0 likes

Planet X currently have Campag Khamsins with tyres and lights for £150

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BN2611KHB/khamsin-wheelset-bundle

Looks like it's a good deal  1

hucko003 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Fulcrum's would be good, I personally ride Mavic Aksium's on my winter bike and think they're brilliant. I've probably put about 8000 miles on them over the past two years and they are still in true and the bearings have been fine. They'd be my pick but Fulcrum's will also do you good too. 

However, at the moment there are also quite a lot of good deals on wheels if you can spend some more and these will transform the ride of your bike even more. Fulcrum Racing Quattro's can be found at great prices on a lot of sites Probikekit is doing them for £162.99 which I think would be better in the long run - 

http://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-wheels/fulcrum-racing-quattro-lg-cli...

Compared to the 7, these have a deeper section rim so it's more aerodynamic so you go faster whilst still being aluminium for a more affordable price. 

Latest Comments