Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Vote rigging in the Metro

In today's Metro is a poll on whether cyclists should have a license

The poll is still open, yet the "paper" has already published an article claiming overwhelming support by their readership

Aside from the ethics of reporting the result before the poll is complete, it would be nice if the poll result was against licences to force them to remove the article

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

tomowencc | 8 years ago
1 like

It's a racist, small-minded little paper. Even as a free sheet it's overpriced. 

levermonkey | 8 years ago
1 like

Isn't the Metro from the same stable as the Daily Mail? If I'm right this could explain it.

WiznaeMe | 8 years ago
0 likes

Now 56%, so quite a small number of voters.  To be fair there is a link at the bottom of this article which leads to a pro-cycling article. 

Sepulchre | 8 years ago
1 like

it's currently 55% against licences.

well done!

WashoutWheeler | 8 years ago
0 likes

Is it me or does The Metro seems to attract an inordinate number of bike hating idiots?

Alessandro replied to WashoutWheeler | 8 years ago
2 likes

WashoutWheeler wrote:

Is it me or does The Metro seems to attract an inordinate number of bike hating idiots?

The Metro is generally read by people stuck on trains and buses as they look out of the window as cyclists go whizzing past. It's unsurprising that they're such a bitter bunch.

cqexbesd | 8 years ago
1 like

I'm not sure it makes much difference but poll is here:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/03/number-of-cyclists-convicted-for-ignoring-...

71% for compulsory licensing currently - but no doubt that is 71% for anything they think would annoy, dissuade or hurt cyclists rather than a particular love of bureaucracy.

Argos74 | 8 years ago
1 like

Haters be hating. Meh. Couldn't find the poll in question, but I did find:

Revealed: The shocking truth behind M&S choccie biscuits
Preachers argue for private jets because demons travel on normal ones
Roman stone penis carving dug up in back garden

And so. Moving on.

Latest Comments