Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tyre nicks and cuts , repairing off

Does anyone know what the best glue  (if any) is out there to fill small cuts and nicks in tyres?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

rnick | 8 years ago
0 likes

I hate binning otherwise perfectly good things...however I simply could not relax when descending on a front tyre from which I'd pulled some sizeable flints leaving the carcass just visible.  The thought of the tyre letting go at maximum velocity and the resultant physical and financial damage was too much, so a new tyre was ordered.

DanTe | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've used shoegoo in the past and that works for a while..

What I tend to do is glue an old piece of sidewall underneath the gash or what I've also found to work well is those bog standard repair patches, glue those underneath on the inside of the tyre. They work a treat and don't give you the bump like old pieces of tyre do..

BBRAP | 8 years ago
0 likes

Not sure its the best but I use a dab of black wetsuit neoprene repair adhesive (if I can actually be bothered). Stays flexible and does not ping out. Don't be tempted to use superglue, it will go rock hard and act like a lump of grit in the tyre and actually cause more problems than it solves.

Latest Comments