Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Another explosive man on bike

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3364098/Female-motorist-punched-...

After the bridge assault in Chorlton here we have another explosive cyclist getting mysteriously agitated around an innocent motorist:

'He stopped himself going into the side of me and he toppled off, landing on his feet. He just came around to my side of the car and shouted abuse at me and waved his fingers.

'He then picked up his bike and threw it at the car, where it got wedged under the back of the car and when he couldn't get it, he said to me "Give me my 'effing bike back".

These Men On Bikes are prone to violence and should obviously be registered and taxed so they can be easily identified.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Yorkshie Whippet | 8 years ago
0 likes

Apart from me thinking the poster is trolling, i.e. posting a clearly anti cyclist piece on a cycling website.

What do people actually think is going to happen? 

The cyclist obviously felt that the driver had threaten their life or belongings and went into flight or fight mode. In this case the cyclist was more towards fight rather than flight. 

I'm sure if someone had threatened her children or her life, she be kicking and screaming.

brakesmadly | 8 years ago
1 like

I'm struggling to understand the significance of the fact that she managed to reproduce twice, 16 and 11 years ago. Is that unusual?

And he dented her wheel rim when he 'threw his bike at her car'? Really??!!

Leviathan | 8 years ago
1 like

Hhuh, I though this one had disappeard into the mists of obscurity. I partucularly like the frisbee bike just wedging itself under her car somehow.

wycombewheeler | 8 years ago
1 like

"I didn't hurt him"  that's all right then, a second away from a very serious injury and a trashed bike, but as there was no impact, no reason for his bad language.

There is of course no excuse for assault.

Also 'he came from my left travelling very fast' almost certainly not as fast as a car would be going on that road, but obviously clearly faster than she expected a bike to be going, this does not  mean he was going too fast, it means she needs to reassess how quickly cyclist might be moving.

brooksby replied to wycombewheeler | 8 years ago
1 like

wycombewheeler wrote:

Also 'he came from my left travelling very fast' almost certainly not as fast as a car would be going on that road, but obviously clearly faster than she expected a bike to be going, this does not  mean he was going too fast, it means she needs to reassess how quickly cyclist might be moving.

And that's the problem, right there.

Too many motorists assume that cyclists aren't going to be travelling very fast, even (or, especially) if it's the cyclist's priority (care to lay money on that little matter, which wasn't detailed in the Mail's article? the article just says it was at a junction and the cyclist came from her left - but which one of them ought to have giving way?).

Too many motorists just look right through cyclists, because they're too focused on looking for the other metal boxes (stuff that might hurt them, rather than stuff that they might hurt - the stuff they might hurt just needs to keep out of their way, m'kay?).

hawkinspeter | 8 years ago
4 likes

It must be scary having these mysterious people coming from nowhere and then getting angry at you for something you've got no clue about.

Carton | 8 years ago
2 likes

Some of the sarcasm on this forum escapes me. To be fair to myself, sometimes it ends up not being sarcasm at all.

oldstrath | 8 years ago
6 likes

Apparently the cyclist 'appeared from nowhere'. More confusion between cyclists and Klingon Birds of Prey.

FluffyKittenofT... | 8 years ago
4 likes

If only cyclists _were_ literally explosive! SMIDSY would be a thing of the past.

Also, those headlines are amusing. The Mail had one where a driver got out and assaulted a fellow driver. Guess which party was described as a 'motorist' and which wasn't?

mrmo | 8 years ago
2 likes

i would click on the link to find out more, but it is the daily mail. So won't waste the time. 

Idiots will be idiots, problem is too many drive cars and are incapable of understanding what happens when you have an adreniline hit caused by their stupidity and that could have killed/maimed you.

Latest Comments