Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rose Pro SL2000 review and Geneva tour du Lac

Having just recovered from a 40km/h crash on my 2011 Pinnacle One, I have decided to treat myself to an early Christmas present and bought myself the 2016 Rose Pro SL2000 http://www.rosebikes.com/bike/rose-pro-sl-2000-bike-now-821326/aid:821365 with a view of doing the Geneva Tour du lac in the spring.  http://www.cyclotour.ch/course/180-km-tour-of-the-lake/?lang=en

I havent had a chance to ride the new bike yet (waiting impatiently for the pedals to be delivered) , but I must say that it is beautifully made and seems very light for a bike that cost me about 1000 euros delivered.  The photos on the web-site dont do it justice and the frame really does look as if it is made of carbon (unless you look at the welds on the bottom bracket or give it a tap with you fingers, that is).

Has anyone else bought the same and what do they think of it?  Also has anyone done the Tour du Lac before?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

chief-o | 8 years ago
0 likes

The tour du lack is not really that interesting. It's a fast and dangerous ride which is mostly flat. The reason I say dangerous is that you have many people who are not used to riding in groups hence here is a lot of close riding and a fair few accidents at quite high speed. You have to be watching and concentrating. Wait until June and the the granfondo stelvio in Italy. Great views and time to see them  3

HarryTrauts | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've had one for about 18 months.  It's an excellent bike.  I upgraded the wheels when I ordered it. 

For the price, you'd be hard pushed to get something better.  It's relatively light and feels more than stiff enough for my requirements, while being forgiving over rougher roads.  I was surprised how much of a step up it felt to my Specialized Allez Elite but at a very similar price.

They're not very common the UK and they really should be.  The lack of physical stores is probably holding them back and their marketing is fairly quiet on these shores.  No one should be put off by that, but, that said, while returning a bike wouldn't be difficult, it would, of course take a bit of time.

My only minor niggle is the length of time it took to arrive.  I understand it's virtually made to order but the communication was not very clear.  In total, it took around three months from order to arrival.  But I've not had any problems with it.

Enjoy the ride!

James Warrener | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have the bike from about four years ago with Sram and Easton components. 

Not a bad word to say about it to be honest. 

Latest Comments