Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Halfords C2W + British Cycling 10% discount?

Anyone had any experience of getting the 10% discount on the shop price of a bike/accessories on Halfords Cycle 2 Work scheme?

Having got my road bike last year from a good LBS on the scheme, I'm planning getting a hardtail MTB this year from the same LBS, and had narrowed it down to  the Giant Talon5 (£525) or Cannondale Trail 5 (£569), but the latest price slashes at Halfords makes the Boardman Team HT 650b (now £637.49) a tempting alternative - air forks - especially if another 64 quid can be knocked off the price with my BC membership.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

pruaga | 8 years ago
0 likes

I asked both instore and on the C2W helpline and both told me that you can only use the full RRP for the C2W scheme, so no BC discount.

DaveE128 | 8 years ago
0 likes

If you go with the Halfrauds option, just make sure you check EVERYTHING on the bike before riding it - experiences of my riding pals who have bought from or had a a bike serviced there suggests it will be handed over in potentially lethal condition. Have seen loose critical bolts, brake blocks rubbing tyres, pedals falling off, etc.

Latest Comments