Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What do cyclists really want?

Hi there,

I'm hoping to get some help on a bit of research that I'm doing. I really want to understand what different types of cyclists look for in a bike/ accessories retailer. If you have 5 minutes to spare and would like to help, please fill in this short survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CycleRepublicSurvey

And as if you needed any incentive to talk cycling, there is a special prize up for grabs too.

Thanks in advance for your time - really appreciate it!

Clio

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Tojo | 8 years ago
0 likes

Buns.....no,no,no.....Its got to be CAKE.......

HarryTrauts | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, I didn't see that at the top.  If that had been stated clearly on here, it might stop idiots like me getting worked up!  

Part of my point is still valid, why not come clean that they want our email addresses?  The questionnaire isn't very well designed and there is little room for individual responses outside of the tick boxes.  They might get more useful information if they asked more useful questions.  This approach is the standard, "if we get enough names, we'll probably get enough sales",  but it would take a little more effort on their part.

For example, I could tell them that since Halford bought Boardman Bikes, the brand has lost some of its standing, for me at least.  I'm not sure if Chris still has anything to do with it, but it is one step removed from him and so it's devalued.  They are not my go-to shop for car parts and accessories so they are very unlikely to be my go-to shop for anything to do with bikes unless they can do something about their image.  Their staff never seem to know much about the products they sell (auto or cycle) and so I don't feel I can trust them.

That's just my opinion, but I hope it's more helpful than what incentive schemes I prefer or their returns policy.

barbarus | 8 years ago
0 likes

Buns. Cyclists want buns.

Leviathan replied to barbarus | 8 years ago
2 likes

barbarus wrote:

I already have an excellent pair of buns, but cake is always welcome.

barbarus replied to Leviathan | 8 years ago
0 likes
Leviathan wrote:

barbarus wrote:

I already have an excellent pair of buns, but cake is always welcome.

I consider buns to be a form of cake. Get away with your smuttiness!

Jacobi | 8 years ago
1 like

"What's the "researcg" for and who are you?"

Tells you at the top of the questionaire. It's for Halfords - Cycle Republic.

Halfords took a hit on sales this year. They're probably doing the survey in order to help them compete better with the likes of Chain Reaction, Wiggle & Co.

HarryTrauts | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hmm.  This all looks a bit fishy.  What's the "researcg" for and who are you? 

The type of questions asked suggest you are working for a retailer and that you are mining information to put together a database.

Come clean and let us know.  I value honesty in all online transactions.

Cheers.

Latest Comments