Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Ridley XBow 20 disc or Boardman CX Team

After the theift of my CX and road bikes, I'm looking for a low price CX bike, I've narrowed this down to the XBow 20 disc or CX Team? I can get both for around £650. The Ridley has bb7 Boardmen bb4 brakes but Ridley is sora and boardman sram apex, any advice?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Beefy | 8 years ago
0 likes

Unbelievably the XBow is available at a lower price than the Merlin, also been looking at diamondback sora level cross bike but no ride reviews I can find

Stef Marazzi | 8 years ago
0 likes

They are both good! Thats a close one to call. I have a Ridley X-Bow and love it to bits. Bear in mind the sizing on Ridleys is "large" e.g. I am a 56cm on a road bike, but a 54cm medium on Ridleys. They have a high bottom bracket - You will feel more "on top" of the bike on the Ridley . I quite like the feeling, and its very flickable, with a very direct power transfer to the back wheel. Its definitely a very fun bike to ride. The Boardman (which I have ridden, as my brother in law has one), you feel more sat "within" the frame, cockpit style. It feels more like a traditional road bike. Note that you should also look at Merlin cycles range of cyclocross bikes, as they are actually Ridley X-Bows anyway! (Just with a different paint job - so you might get a bargain by looking at those as well).

Beefy | 8 years ago
0 likes

Beefy | 8 years ago
0 likes

Latest Comments