Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Requesting help from CTC members

Requesting help from CTC members 

Very few members of the CTC either view or contribute to this or other forums.

As the result there is no way to gauge the support for the current direction of the CTC.

It is not possible for CTC trustees to communicate directly with their constituents.

I was wondering if other members would be interested in forwarding emails to other CTC members concerning the direction of the CTC.

The aim is to gauge the support within the CTC and if possible for them to send their comment to an email address.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Simon E | 8 years ago
1 like

I'm a CTC member but am unlikely to renew my sub next spring. The confusion over the move to being a charity, its purpose and direction and criticisms of structure/governance aired on other forums has me wondering as to what (and who) exactly is it for. I commented on the member survey here on YACF (after voting 'No' to the question) last week.

The issue that put the nail in the coffin was the recent competition mentioned on road.cc. I emailed CTC about my concerns and received a less than encouraging 'take it or leave it' type reply from their Head of Communications and Campaign. At that point I decided that I don't think I want to support this kind of stuff any more. I don't think they represent cyclists in the way I wish to be represented.

I'm a little sad because CTC has done a lot to promote cycling and cyclists' right, cycle safety etc and I've donated to the CDF more than once (and may do again). But, as they say on the telly, "for those reasons, I'm out".

jaymack | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'd gladly do my bit...

Latest Comments