Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Atr, shand stoater, or mason ......

I am eyeing a bike purchase and trying to decide on the tripster atr, stoater( which is the current favourite) or perhaps wait for whatever mason cycles have in the prototype pipeline or perhaps even the definition.  Thoughts from owners much appreciated or those who have conducted comparative tests.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

shew | 8 years ago
0 likes

Well I can tell you that my Stoater is a stunning bike.  I bought him after visiting the fab Shand team in Edinburgh with the aim of cycling around Iceland. In fact I enjoyed the trip so much I went back the following year for more fun and giggles.  My Stoater proved a trustworthy reliable  work horse that carried me and my kit many arduous miles across ash and gravel.  I felt bad that I didn't let him play on tarmac but am  I'm pleased to say we now regularly travel to work together down the wet, leaf strewn lanes of Kent. Each day is a buzz because I am never quite sure what mood my bike will be in so its always an adventure. Come the spring I will put some  lighter tyres and go play in countries afar... You can probably tell I'm very attached to my Stoater. I can't give you a comparison with your other choices but I can say I have no regrets. 

allanj | 8 years ago
2 likes

Sounds like a decision for the heart rather than the head!  

That means I can't help much, and I'm not sure others will be able to either.  I live near Shand and have had a look around their workshop- they are great guys and the bikes look fantastic.  I'm sure others will have good things to say about the others that you mention as well.

Happy choosing

Latest Comments