Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Talking adverts on the site is a BAD idea

So, I'm quite happily reading  an article on road.cc, when a disembodied voice starts talking at me.  When I realised that it was coming from the tab I was reading I closed it habitually.  This wasn't due to me clicking an advert, this was something that started by itself.  Is anyone else getting these?

Please, whoever thought it was a good idea to put noisy adverts on the site needs to reconsider.  The instinctive response to a website being noisy is to close that tab.  This will either drive people away, or encourage people to use ad blockers;  both of these are bad for the long term viability of the site.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Mark Cantwell | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks if you can that would be great.

pruaga | 8 years ago
1 like

I think the one that annoyed me was for voltarol, will forward details if it appears again.

Mark Cantwell | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi, if anyone sees this can they mail the URL to us and grab a copy of the advert and we will have it blocked immediately.  We have some very stringent rules on ads here at road.cc but sometimes some advertisers try and sneak stuff through.

When we catch them we expunge their ads and then ban them from advertising on the site so we appreciate your help in flagging this stuff up.

Latest Comments