Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Why is Garmin support so sh..

I cannot believe how appalling Garmin support is. Having had issues with my Edge devices turn-by-turn function it took ages for Garmin to acknowledge that there was a fault; and they only did after I provided video evidence of the devices behaviour and start legal proceedings against them.

Having acknowledged that there was a fault, they have now spent ages supposedly investigating it in an attempt to provide a software update. How appallling bad are Garmin engineers seeing that they can't resolve a software fault with there own product in a timely manner. Even Microsoft with its behemoth applications Operating Systems can turn around a software fix in hours or day.

As for the concept of customer care, this is entirely alien to them. If I didn't keep checking-up on them I'd never hear anything. Clearly they are hopping this matter will just quietly go away.

Garmin need to start paying they monkeys more peanuts, as they're the biggest waste of biomass I have ever encountered.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

theraggyone | 8 years ago
0 likes

ive found them great they sent me a new heartrate monitor free of charge within 3 days . also solved the issue i had with my garmin 810 via a phone call:)

Meonshore | 8 years ago
0 likes

Same here.

Separate issues with a Vivosmart display and a dead Virb camera in November/December - both acknowledged on the phone immediately - RMA'd and replaced within a week with brand new boxed items.

Can't fault them, and I'm surprised you are having an issue. Garmin support has been my gold standard.

andy_hindle | 8 years ago
0 likes

Strange dat, ive dealth with them before on 2 ocassions and they resolved my issue the same day. Maybe they just dont like you.

Latest Comments