Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Top 5 cycling related books. The Results, Ladies and Gentlemen!

..well a hardly conclusive or scientific poll, but here goes..
The Rider by Tiim Krabbe storms ahead with 5 points, joint 2nd first losers were 'Put Me Back on the Bike' and 'Flying Scotsman' with 4 points apiece, coming in at 4th (strangely appropriate in a way) was 'In Search of Robert Millar', 3 points and lantern rouge 'Dog in a Hat' 2 points.

honorary mention goes to Zaskars fave, the 'Haynes Manual'.. although he failed to mention which one but i take it to be the Bike Maintenance version, but it could be the Vauxhall Nova 1.1, who knows eh!

cheers, ta ,lovely. 321 dusty bin etc etc

----------------------------------------------------------------

how about a straw poll on cycling books? (kinda thing i think about whilst at work)
anyhow post your selection below and when i get around to it i'll try and compile the 'definitive' (well as definitive as these things can be) list.

heres my 5

1. Rough Ride - Paul Kimmage
2. The Escape Artist - Matt Seaton
3. Bicycle! A Repair & Maintenance Manifesto - Sam Tracy
4. Put Me Back on My Bike: In Search of Tom Simpson - William Fotheringham
5. Bicycle Design - Mike Burrows

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

31 comments

jurekavas | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hello,
My father wrote a book about cycling training. He was a trainer for over 30 years and now he would like to share his knowledge and observations with you. I am kindly asking you if you can read a book (or just a sample) and give me your feedback.

http://www.amazon.com/Cycling-Today-Miran-Kava-x161-ebook/dp/B013P0R4DW/...

Thank you for your time

Pages

Latest Comments